Got My Life Back

Options
6 months and 70lbs ago I took a blood test and the Dr. said I was a time-bomb that could go any minute.:explode: Since I wasn't ready to leave this world yet I figured I'd better do something about it and feel better at the sametime. So...here are the Before & Afters of my blood test results

....................................7/13/10 ..........................2/15/11
LDL............................. *** (TRI TO HIGH) .........106 (NORMAL)
HDL............................ 29 ....................................31 (ABOVE 40 IS DESIRABLE)
TRIGLYCERIDES.... 461.................................130 (BELOW 150 IS DESIRABLE)
BLOOD PRESS.....165/88............................123/67
BPM............................99......................................72

So there are many benefits to eating right and a little exercise other than weight loss...I feel soooo much better and enjoying an active life again. Keep the faith regardless of what the scale tells you. It's more than just weight loss...it's getting your life back.:drinker:

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    AMEN!!! I am in the same boat. I no longer feel my arthritic knees, they are no longer keeping me from having fun with my family. I am off my BP meds and my blood levels are all normal! WOOT-WOOT!

Congrats to you!!!
  • Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Nice job! Very motivating!
  • sundaysurf
    sundaysurf Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Congrats! That is awesome and very inspiring!
  • DaddyMantz
    DaddyMantz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Looks like kp.org results. Lol. Very nice. Mine are similar with the inclusion of A1C levels.
  • Katz85340
    Katz85340 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    You go girl! That's the same reason I started my journey...doc told me I was going to die early. Very motivational! Congratulations!
  • Jessi9598
    Options
    AWESOME!!
  • ForTheFam
    ForTheFam Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    AMEN!!! I am in the same boat. I no longer feel my arthritic knees, they are no longer keeping me from having fun with my family. I am off my BP meds and my blood levels are all normal! WOOT-WOOT!

Congrats to you!!!

Awesome. I forget about the stress relief on the joints too. Wonderful you got off the meds and 'normal' again. Thanks.
  • ForTheFam
    Options
    Nice job! Very motivating!

Congrats on your 50lb loss. Do you remember how you felt before you started this new relationship w/ food?
  • ForTheFam
    Options
    Looks like kp.org results. Lol. Very nice. Mine are similar with the inclusion of A1C levels.

You really transformed. I had to look up my A1C level. I didn't have a before but my after was 5.9 which I assume is pushing the high end. Did you get yours under control?
  • ForTheFam
    Options
    You go girl! That's the same reason I started my journey...doc told me I was going to die early. Very motivational! Congratulations!

Reality has a way of slapping us in the face sometimes. You're doing great! Thanks.
  • ForTheFam
    Options
    AWESOME!!
    Thanks pal...great to have you onboard.
  • calliebeth
    Options
    Wow, thanks for posting this. You have made such improvements! Way to go. And I will try to remember the scale is not the true measure! Thanks for the encouraging post. It made my morning to see your success!
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    you did amazing great job!!!
  • bdavenport62
    Options
    DANG. Those are some serious results! I know you have got to feel so much better. This helps to remind us that the scale is not the only number that matters! GREAT JOB!!!!
  • claribeln02
    Options
    Amazing!! great job. Keep at it.
  • MrsSanthoff
    MrsSanthoff Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring! Thank you for sharing!
  • callipygianchronicle
    Options
    72 pounds is no joke, but those numbers tell an amazing story of health. getting my health under control is the number 1 reason I’m on this journey. Looking good afterward is merely a bonus. Thank you for the inspiration. And congratulations on transforming your life!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!