I gotta go!

Options
this is kinda an odd question but ive never been one to need to pee very often. my mom used to tell me that every since i was little, i only went 3-4x a day. but now that im not drinking pop, and im drinking 8+ glasses of water a day...i am going every time i turn around! my boyfriend actually asked me if i was pregnant, im peeing so much! i got up 4x last night alone, just to go potty! I NEVER have to get up at night for the bathroom! Even when I WAS pregnant, I only got up maybe once at night, and that was maybe 2x/week!

am i the only one that is running to the bathroom THIS MUCH?! its starting to get annoying

Replies

• Lil_Leah
    Lil_Leah Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    :ohwell: i'm right there with ya! i'll bet the people i work with think i'm just being a slacker and want 45 breaks during the day! :laugh:
  • dradams13
    dradams13 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    No your not the only one. I go alot too now. I think its normal, and healthy. it should slow down eventually, once your body gets used to having water around.
  • luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    thats a good thing---better out than in---even with the pee - LOL :)
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    it is very normal when you drink that many fluids. It is good for you though to get all the toxins out of your body. Try to get as much of it in like three hours before going to bed. This will dramatically cut down on getting up in the middle of the night to go pee. Then just drink little bits as needed.
  • Kminor67
    Kminor67 Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    You're actually not dehydrated for once. The sodium in the soda helps you retain all the fluids, whereas the water helps flush things out. Your body is getting rid of toxins. Once your body is used to all the water, this will slow down. Don't worry.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    Your definitely not alone. I have the same problem! I have to stop drinking water by about 7 or 8 otherwise I'm up several times a night as well! Very annoying. Doesn't bother me during the day. I see it as a good thing!
  • momof26
    Options
    Nope, I'm right there with you! It's worse than being pregnant!
  • aneajo
    aneajo Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Haha, my family teases me about how much I pee. Its a standing joke around here. I am ALWAYS going.

You know the commercial where the lady is taking her son to college and has to stop all the time to pee? My kids say that is me everytime the commercial comes on. :laugh:

So yes, I understand,
    last night I about ran my poor son over trying to get out of the pew after church, I held it way to long. tehe
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    i'm the same way! i really am starting to think my boss thinks i walk around the office all day because she see's me get up so much, but how am i supposed to be like .... "oh just FYI i drink alot of water" loll!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    I am with you for sure...I went at 11 yesterday at work, and by noon I was thinking "what is wrong with me! i have to go again!"
  • trisha329
    trisha329 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I really feel for ya! When I first started drinking more water, I was constantly peeing! I mean like 20 times a day! I remember having to beg a bank teller to let me use the employee bathroom because I thought I was going to burst! I got to know all the bathrooms within a 10 ten mile radius of my house! :laugh: I would also be up at least 2-3 times a night, sometimes more. And yes, it does slow down as your body gets adjusted to the additional water intake.

But, hey, look at the bright side -- every time you get up off your butt to go to the bathroom, you're burning calories! :wink:
  • SirJFK
    SirJFK Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Hey Belle, at first i thought "maybe i have a bladder infection" but most days i drink more than 8 cups, usually 3-4 during the day then I drink another liter during and after my P90 workouts and after the 1st few weeks of getting up at night i have been able to sleep most nights... so ya in time your body compensates...:)
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    I'm right there too. My hands are so dry from washing and seriosly getting concerned about the water supply from flushing :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Good thing is what goes in must come out and at least we are not retaining. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Have a great day..
  • candlegal
    candlegal Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    It will get better Like Trisha said! Just think of the exercise you get running to the bathroom!! Ha ha ha! Maybe tapper off in the evening so you don't have to get up to pee. I was up Twice last night which rarely happens but I drank more than my usual yesterday. It is annoying to get up twice at night! But don't you "feel" better drinking all that water? I know I do. I just feel cleaner and lighter inside, I know that sounds weird. I do feel so much better! Haven't had pop since last November!!!
  • Cherrycandy
    Options
    Nah, ur normal. Wait till you are 37, lol! You will be the pee 100000x a day queen. Everytime I take a breath, I have to pee! lol Everyone told me as I got older this would happen, I hate it when they are right, lol.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    On the days I drink 8 cups I go pretty uh.. normal.

On the days I try to push it and have 14-16 cups (I feel so fantastic on those days) I go, like clockwork, every 35 minutes. It is a little annoying, but I notice on the days I don't drink a lot of water I am crankier, have headaches, and just feel generally gloomier all over.

I'll take potty breaks over a shabby feeling any day. :D

For those saying your body gets used to it, how long does that take? It's been 7 weeks since I started drinking this much water, and I still pee like crazy.
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options

For those saying your body gets used to it, how long does that take? It's been 7 weeks since I started drinking this much water, and I still pee like crazy.
    I've been at this 3 years and I'm still waiting for my body to adjust!
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I had to stop drinking after a certain time in the evening usually about 2 hours before bed save for a small drink to take some meds. I was sort of embarassed because this is the same thing I do to my 4 year old so she won't get up in the night. I'm glad this topic came up so I don't feel so odd about it.
  • Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I usually get up in the night twice, to go to the bathroom.

I've been two weeks without soda and I feel like I can 'feel' a difference. Does that make sense??? I'm enjoying my water and tea!
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I stop drinking by 7pm (drink lots during the day) so I don't have to get up in the middle of the night anymore. I can make it through the 7-8 hours now (thank goodness!), but I go a lot at work. No one has said anything about it, but I eat my lunch at my desk so I don't take that hour break, which I think is a good compromise for all the times I get up to go to the water cooler and to the bathroom.