On week 6 and don't want to Give UP!

Options
I have been using MFP for a little over 6 weeks now and have lost a total of 11 pounds. Usually this is about the time I give up, I haven't lost in the last two weeks and I trying not to get too discouraged :ohwell: I know what I need to change and work on! And totally looking for more encouraging friends! I know that I am going to do this and reach my goal!

Replies

• Jenn728
    Jenn728 Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Congrats on the weight loss! Don't give up!!!! You can do this!
  • MommyRobot
    MommyRobot Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it helps at all, but I'm also on week 6. At the beginning of my journey, my trainer told me that during week 5-6 I should expect to lose as little as 1lb or gain as much as 10. He said the body starts to go into kind of a 'relapse' during this point. He said changing your workout routine at this point is the way to get over the "bad" week. Good luck, and keep it up! If you continue to eat well and exercise it's gonna happen....there's bound to be a few bumps in the road!
  • CarissaNew
    CarissaNew Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    That is sooooo helpful!!! Thanks so much!!!
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    wow I didn't know that about week 6! Amazing!
  • valbar61
    valbar61 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 6. I did hit a speed bump around week 4 where I stalled for a week but then it just started dropping again. Hang in there! I can't believe I have stuck to it this long. I love MFP!
  • fontaine3b
    Options
    I have been here maybe 12 days, second weigh-in today. Don't worry about the number, keep moving your body, it will all come in due time, easy for me to say right? lol!!!

Feel free to friend me!!

Good Luck!!

Small steps lead to big strides!!:smile:
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    I have been using MFP for a little over 6 weeks now and have lost a total of 11 pounds. Usually this is about the time I give up, I haven't lost in the last two weeks and I trying not to get too discouraged :ohwell: I know what I need to change and work on! And totally looking for more encouraging friends! I know that I am going to do this and reach my goal!

Ok, this is an easy one.
    You are going to get up everyday...(God willing), and you are going to eat food everyday. Those are givins.
    Now choose to eat good food over bad food and everything else will fall in to place.
    I like to tell people that struggle this "every meal is a battle. Win more battles then you lose to win the war".
    I go by this myself.
    You my friend are doing great. Keep up the good work because the altenative is not good.
  • DancingPixie
    DancingPixie Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Dont give up you can do it :D !!!
    Also if its not coming off on scales try a measuring tape! xxx
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    You can do this ! Dont get discouraged !
  • sandybaby13
    Options
    thank god for this topic im the very same just hitting week 6 and have lost 10lbs on week 4 i didnt loose and then weight in this morning i didnt loose again it dose put u on a downer and make u think of giving up allright but im just hoping it will pass and i start loosing agian i have been a little off but have been sticking to my cal intake but just eating some things i shouldnt be and last week i didnt get to walk at all as baby was sick but im back now and hoping it will start coming off agian!

keep up the good work xxx
  • jamielr84
    Options
    Don't give up! I had very slow weeks on my week 4 and 5. But I kept going and this week I have lost 4lbs!
    Keep on keepin' on!!
  • jenallen15
    jenallen15 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! I've only lost one pound, in almost 2 weeks, but... My clothes are definitely fitting better! In my head, I have about 15 pounds to lose, but not paying so much attention to the scale has become my best friend. Focus on those little milestones and it will all fall into place:)