Immersion Blenders?

SMarie10
SMarie10 Posts: 956 Member
edited September 24 in Recipes
After reading thru some of the soup recipes, I'm considering purchasing an immersion blender. I know this is not a forum for advertisement, but wondered who has one they like- what brand is it, and would you recommend it? Would like a prospective from someone who uses this kitchen tool.

Replies

• fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    I htnk th eone I bought my hubby was Hamilton Beach. and we love it. We use it mostly for soup as well. we have wegman;'s grocery stores where i liv enad teh have a recipie magizine that coem out quartly and we love their soups. Celery Root soup is awesoem and so low cal.
  • I have a cuisinart and love it. I use it for soups, hummus, and smoothies/shakes (although I've never tried it with ice.)
  • dimoul
    dimoul Posts: 137 Member
    My wife uses one a lot to make soup. She's Portuguese and the Portuguese eat lots of soup. My mother-in-law uses one in her kitchen for making soups probably more than she uses a toaster. I use it occasionally. I think the one that just broke on us was an Oster, but it worked fine for several years. We've been through three in 12 years of marriage. They are awesome for making soup, making a quick smoothie in a tall glass, etc... they aren't expensive and are extremely easy to use and clean.
  • I have a cuisinart immersion blender and I love it!! It has a whisk attatchment that works great for egg whites, etc, and it came with a Cup attachment for making single smoothies. It's a really good tool to help with healthy eating!! and you can make a soup creamy without adding cream!!
    I love love love it!!!
This discussion has been closed.