QUESTION FOR THE GIRLIES

Options
OF COURSE WE ALL GET TO THAT POINT DURING THE MONTH WHEN FLORENCE COMES TO VISIT ..

I IMAGINE WE'RE ALL THE SAME WHEN IT COMES TO CRAVINGS FOR CHOCoLATES AND PUDDINGS ..

DO ANY OF YOU HAVE ANY TIPS OR ANY SUBSTITUTE FOODS INSTEAD OF THE SAT-FAT CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM OR FUDGE CAKE ????

XX

Replies

• craft338
    craft338 Posts: 870 Member
    Options
    i get the chocolate smoothies from weight watchers (100 calories per packet, plus what ever kind of milk you use), stick them in the freezer for like 20 minutes, and it's ALMOST like ice cream. :) it's a pretty large serving for under 200 calories depending on what kind of milk you use. so if you feel like you need to sit in front of the TV and eat a large bowl of something chocolate, this helps :)
  • charlottevaun
    Options
    Low sugar baking days <3
  • Star1ing_Dar1ing
    Options
    i get the chocolate smoothies from weight watchers (100 calories per packet, plus what ever kind of milk you use), stick them in the freezer for like 20 minutes, and it's ALMOST like ice cream. :) it's a pretty large serving for under 200 calories depending on what kind of milk you use. so if you feel like you need to sit in front of the TV and eat a large bowl of something chocolate, this helps :)

Grrrreat idea ...

I must sound crazy to admit this but i have actually eaten hot chocolate poweder of a spoon I have been tata desperate for chocolate hahah !!
  • Star1ing_Dar1ing
    Options
    Low sugar baking days <3

yaaaaaay !! : )
  • minkakross
    minkakross Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    not to highjack your thread but, I don't crave sugar aka chocolate but I do crave salt snacks any ideas for me?
  • phinners
    phinners Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    I can;t say I've ever noticed any cravings when Aunt Flo comes to stay, but damn I do get so weepy!
  • edleim
    edleim Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    For the chocoholics (Like me) I recommend getting a nice piece of chocolate or a really well made chocolate chip cookie. I live in NY so maybe this is easier for me. To me I would rather have a small portion of the real thing. Neither of these option would be more than 200 calories.

Salty. I always end up buying an Amy's Macoroni and Cheese TV dinner. Love it, so comforting and satisfying.

My supermarket sells individual delicious cookies, I buy two small chocolate chip and an Amy's and the total is 600 calories.
  • laurenk182004
    laurenk182004 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    This is soo yummy! Get a packet of chocolate oatmeal (runs about 130 calories) and add a tbls of pb (about 90 calories)
    The pb makes it all creamy and I swear it tastes like those chocolate no bake cookies..SOOO good..now I gotta go make some lol
  • eshyay
    eshyay Posts: 18
    Options
    I'm not that mad for chocolate (although I do have a huge sweet tooth)... But I used to go for Skinny Cow ice cream lollies, they have a chocolate one (I prefer the fruity ones). If memory serves (it's been a long time) they're under 100 cals each and they are delicious.

My period is a huge non-event (always was, but now I have Mirena it is literally just nothing) but when I really fancy something sweet I have a cup of peppermint tea with either sweeteners or a little bit of sugar in. Tastes like you're having something naughty but you're not really as long as you don't overdo it.

As for savoury snacks - veggie sticks with a low-fat dressing to dip in?
  • mfkfoster
    mfkfoster Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    I personally love either a piece of Godiva milk chocolate truffle, about 50 calories or a Vitatops Vitamuffin in Deep Chocolate, it's fantastic and has about 100 calories, and 9 grams of fiber!
    As for salty which I crave as well. I bake my own sweet potato chips.
  • Star1ing_Dar1ing
    Options
    This is soo yummy! Get a packet of chocolate oatmeal (runs about 130 calories) and add a tbls of pb (about 90 calories)
    The pb makes it all creamy and I swear it tastes like those chocolate no bake cookies..SOOO good..now I gotta go make some lol

mmmmmmm , sounds beaud'iful :smile:
  • Vick_MN
    Options
    Weight Watchers Giant Fudge Bars are WONDERFUL! and only about 100 calories. Takes care of my chocolate craving as well as my ice cream craving.
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    WHY ARE YOU YELLING!? :noway: :tongue: :flowerforyou:

A pack of M&Ms. Not bad in calories or sodium.

Other than that, I curb my cravings. Losing weight is soooo much more awesome than PMS. I fight the beyotch!
  • ChelseaRW
    ChelseaRW Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    Fudgesicles! 100 calorie ones...perfect chocolatey creaminess!
  • mottmartha
    Options
    I totally know what you mean. I just went through that! I went through weight watchers, which was a waste (for some it works, me, it didn't) however, i did take away a recipe that i always use when I get a sweet tooth craving. Take one box of angel food cake mix (the kind where you just add water) and a can of pineapple chunks in juice (not syrup, syrup has more sugar and calories). Anyways, mix the cake mix and pineapples and bake according to the box. You can seriously eat that whole thing for less than a bar of chocolate!

OR, if you are seriously craving chocolate and nothing sweet will do, fiber one makes those chocolate and oats bar. Its satisies the chocolate cravings and the fiber is a plus when it comes to cramps and bloating.

*best wishes*
  • MSDRIZZ
    MSDRIZZ Posts: 246
    Options
    OF COURSE WE ALL GET TO THAT POINT DURING THE MONTH WHEN FLORENCE COMES TO VISIT ..

I IMAGINE WE'RE ALL THE SAME WHEN IT COMES TO CRAVINGS FOR CHOCoLATES AND PUDDINGS ..

DO ANY OF YOU HAVE ANY TIPS OR ANY SUBSTITUTE FOODS INSTEAD OF THE SAT-FAT CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM OR FUDGE CAKE ????

XX

Deep chocolate Vita muffins!
  • asj0901
    asj0901 Posts: 141
    Options
    I eat a tablespoon of nutella (like a lollipop) Its 100 calories but it hits the spot everytime. Rich, Chocolatey, Creamy.... YUM

And if I am having a super craving I will take four or five mini pretzles and dip them in my spoon of nutella. Now were talking Rich, Chocolatey, Creamy.... and Salty Crunchy!
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I tried this and my kids loved it. And I am the worst chocoholic ever especially during "the time". I got a box of fudge brownie mix (I'm going to try the sugar free one and let y'all know). Instead of oil and eggs I replaced it with canned pumpkin. Bake according to directions. My kids said it tastes like marshmellow chocolates. I just like the chocolate and it fills me up. One brownie had about 136 cal.
  • valentine4
    valentine4 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I do be like a demon coming up to auntie flo visiting! I like a meringue nest with youghurt poured over it and a choclate flake sprinkled over it, all washed down with d.coke it is so sweet your teeth will rattle! plus its seriously filling
  • juldga
    juldga Posts: 119
    Options
    not to highjack your thread but, I don't crave sugar aka chocolate but I do crave salt snacks any ideas for me?

beef jerky and 100 calorie popcorn