5 days in and a challenge

Hey folks,

I've been here since Monday and I absolutely love it. I've been really good about exercising and logging everything so far ... I'm not officially weighing until Monday but this morning I was down 2 pounds, and I feel 100% better than I did this time last week.

I haven't eaten out yet and I have to for 2 meals today, so that worried me a little bit, because I have NO idea where I'll be eating.

I'm helping my younger daughter's extra special friend's :wink: family move this afternoon and I'm sure we'll grab some fast food somewhere ... if we can manage to go to taco bell I know what's safe. But then tonight I'll need to eat a bite before I go to an hour-long swing dance class that my daughter and son-in-law are teaching and the 2-hour long dance, and then I'm sure we'll go get something to eat afterward. I figured it up and I'll probably burn about 440 calories dancing if I dance as much as I probably will. I think I'll be okay with choices anywhere, or I can just eat part of it and skip the rest. It's figuring up the calories & stuff that I'm not too sure how to do.

Gosh, I'm nervous though ... I haven't been swing dancing very long. Hubby is out of town so I'm going to have to dance during the lesson with one of the dance instructors from the local university. He's really nice but I am really intimidated!

Anyhow ... how do y'all handle eating out when you don't know where you'll end up going?

Replies

• tresa1234
    tresa1234 Posts: 796 Member
    Hey folks,

I've been here since Monday and I absolutely love it. I've been really good about exercising and logging everything so far ... I'm not officially weighing until Monday but this morning I was down 2 pounds, and I feel 100% better than I did this time last week.

I haven't eaten out yet and I have to for 2 meals today, so that worried me a little bit, because I have NO idea where I'll be eating.

I'm helping my younger daughter's extra special friend's :wink: family move this afternoon and I'm sure we'll grab some fast food somewhere ... if we can manage to go to taco bell I know what's safe. But then tonight I'll need to eat a bite before I go to an hour-long swing dance class that my daughter and son-in-law are teaching and the 2-hour long dance, and then I'm sure we'll go get something to eat afterward. I figured it up and I'll probably burn about 440 calories dancing if I dance as much as I probably will. I think I'll be okay with choices anywhere, or I can just eat part of it and skip the rest. It's figuring up the calories & stuff that I'm not too sure how to do.

Gosh, I'm nervous though ... I haven't been swing dancing very long. Hubby is out of town so I'm going to have to dance during the lesson with one of the dance instructors from the local university. He's really nice but I am really intimidated!

Anyhow ... how do y'all handle eating out when you don't know where you'll end up going?
  • even with fast food places you can choose a salad and get low fat/low cal dressing - either choose an entree salad - or if there isn't one - get the side salad and order a chicken sandwich minus the bun. One creative substitution for bad salad dressing is to just squeeze the juice from a lemon slice and since most places have lemons to go with water (even fast food) you should be ok.

The biggest thing about going to fast food restaurants is to train yourself to look at the options you've never noticed before and DON'T order what you would've eaten before you started this journey of weight loss.

Good luck!!!!