Flab under the arm

Options
I am wanting to tone up my arms and them not look so flabby. I have lost about 30 lbs so far and I am looking forward to swimming except this. I need some exercises to help me get rid of the fat and flabby arms. I do 700 calories or cardo a day and then I have limited access to gym equipment.

Musically Yours,

Replies

• Tiffanyluvsaaron
    Options
    There is this exercise where you sit on the edge of a chair and place your hands palm down on the outside of each thigh..you slowly ease off the seat and with your hands staying where they are, you lower your self down in front of the chair and then push your self back up until your seated again. You can feel it in your arms...and punches on the punching bag could help to
  • jhackenmueller
    Options
    Do Jillian's 30 Day Shred! I've only lost 9 lbs but can feel a difference and my hubby told me my arms are getting smaller. I HATE my arms. She used 3 lb weights for arms
  • cakennedy140
    cakennedy140 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Press ups. Wide Apart for shoulders & narrow ones for backs of arms.Oh & i agree with 30 day shred advise - its an amazing workout.
  • chbubblz
    Options
    Purchase Zumba Tone and sculpt with the toning sticks. Its awesome. I have lost 44 lbs and it makes a heck of a difference. I was skeptical to try Zumba because I have no coordination. It is so much fun. My arms shrink with the rest of my bod. It's a great workout. I don't know if you can buy them at like Amazon or anything, but Zumba.com has them. Not sure of the price of just one, I bought the set. GIve it a try, you'll probably like it and you loose more calories then you would at a gym.
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    Pushups are one of the best overall exercises you can do for your arms. But you definitely should look to incorporate a regular weight routine if you you haven't already done so.
  • CoachsWife4
    CoachsWife4 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Get you a 3 or 5lb weight. Lean over something (like your ottomon or kitchen chair) and pull your arm up close to your torso - almost like your cutting wood, if that makes sense. It will REALLY tone the flabby part of your arm and also strenghten the muscles in you chest area. The butterfly exercise with the same weights will really help with this area.

GOOD LUCK!
  • carl1738
    carl1738 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Try doing pushups and dips to work your triceps, and maybe pick up a pair of dumbbells at Walmart to do some bicep curls. I would go for at least 8 or 10 pound dumbbells, as the little three and five pounders really aren't heavy enough to work your muscles much. Do three sets of each exercise every three days or so, and you should see and feel a difference soon.
  • mjd0109
    mjd0109 Posts: 152
    Options
    You know what a guy told me those flabby things on women's arms are called?

Bat wings :(

(its creative and kinda funny but still! Why aren't there horrible names for things on guys?)
  • clioandboy
    clioandboy Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    yep press ups, have worked wonders for me! check out the 100 push up challenge web site and app, they are fab, look scary but it is amazing howquickly you can build up to doing more than you ever thought possible, good luck
  • audbbgirl
    Options
    I have the same problem. I had my elbow restingon the car door when the window was down and I was holding the top of the window. I could see my arm pit in the side mirror and could have cried. I had old lady saggy arm pits besides the flabby arms.
    I am only 34 and that just now right. I look forward to trying some of these tips.
  • bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    You need a set of dumbbells. Either 5, 8, or 10 lbs. depending on your current strength. Then try these exercises:

1. Dumbbell Extensions (for triceps)
    2. Bench Dips (triceps)
    3. Lying Dumbbell Extensions (triceps)
    4. Dumbbell Curls (biceps)
    5. Hammer Curls (biceps)

You can search Google or YouTube to find videos and/or pictures on how to do them. Good luck.
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    You know what a guy told me those flabby things on women's arms are called?

Bat wings :(

(its creative and kinda funny but still! Why aren't there horrible names for things on guys?)
    Ummm "beer gut", "man sweater for really hairy men", "man boobs", I can go on. Anyhow to your post use the rope for pull downs at the gym, never let your upper arms leave your sides so forearms moving only, pull down with it to the bottom when you reach the bottom spread the arms out to shoudler width it hits all 3 parts of the triceps in 1 shot and really works those muscles, then switch to bicep curls for the front of the upper arm. For breathing exhale on muscle contraction and inhale on the release.
  • CarrieAbbey
    CarrieAbbey Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    same problem here, I use my 3 lb weights so I will try some of the exercises. great question:happy:
  • Mirabilis
    Mirabilis Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Are we talking loose skin or just fat and small muscles?

Bigger muscles would make it look better, but how do you shrink the skin, other than letting time take care of it?

I've seen surgery take care of it but those scars are just gross.