Pizza Party at work

Options
Ugh! I just got the memo that we are having an employee appreciation pizza party on work this Friday. They do this to us a couple times a year. I LOVE pizza! I have the hardest time eating just one slice. Also, pizza is the only thing offered. If I eat just one slice, I am starving later. The party is mandatory so I have to go. And having food at your desk is a "no no" so I can't really bring my own supplemental lunch to eat at my desk.

I am going to need a lot of strength on Friday!

Replies

• tamazinglee
    tamazinglee Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Ugh! I just got the memo that we are having an employee appreciation pizza party on work this Friday. They do this to us a couple times a year. I LOVE pizza! I have the hardest time eating just one slice. Also, pizza is the only thing offered. If I eat just one slice, I am starving later. The party is mandatory so I have to go. And having food at your desk is a "no no" so I can't really bring my own supplemental lunch to eat at my desk.

I am going to need a lot of strength on Friday!
  • Juliebean
    Options
    Just workout more that day! Try to find a way to burn enough calories so that you can eat 2 pieces of pizza and hopefully that will fill you up. Or maybe lots of water right before lunch time! Good luck. Keep us posted!
  • neeterskeeter
    neeterskeeter Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Wow I can't believe they don't let you have food at your desk, that's crazy. Here's what I would do. Enjoy one slice of pizza, or even two small to medium ones if like the last poster said you work out a little extra that day. Also, bring a granola bar or slimfast bar or whatever kind of portable healthy food you like to eat (for me, I'd probably eat half of a ProMax protein bar) in your purse or bag. I mean really, how are they going to know/ prevent you from going to the bathroom (or taking a walk outside or whatever else they let you do on your break) and eating your granola bar?

Good luck. I hate company parties/ lunches too because I'm a sucker for treats like pizza, cookies, etc. and I hate the temptation! But I've also found there's usually a way around it if I think creatively and stay determined. And nothing wrong with a small splurge if you plan for it by eating well the rest of the week/ working out more etc.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Cut loose and have two slices :bigsmile:
    Make up for it with an extra long walk in the evening or a slightly longer workout that day.
    ENJOY THE FREE PIZZA!
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    That's along the line of, "If you loved me you wouldn't pressure me into having schex."
    If your boss loved you, he wouldn't pressure you into having pizza day.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    That's along the line of, "If you loved me you wouldn't pressure me into having schex."
    If your boss loved you, he wouldn't pressure you into having pizza day.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: In order to APPRECIATE the employees here, come to our MANDATORY appreciation lunch :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • tamazinglee
    Options
    I know - mandatory appreciation day....weird, right? And we have to RSVP...like we have a choice!!!
    Anyway thanks for your advice. I think I will add some excercise to my day, enjoy the free pizza and bring a healthy granola bar just in case I don't feel full on pizza. We can have small snacks at our desk. We are discouraged from eating lunch at the desk.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Memorandum to your boss:

"If you loved me, you wouldn't pressure me into macking on your pizza."

Love, your employee
  • tamazinglee
    Options
    My boss is cool. She'd never make us do anything like force us to eat pizza.
    It's the company owners who are forces us to eat pizza. The owners consist of a father and two sons.
    You see the problem now....MEN! Some of them just don't get it.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    You see the problem now....MEN! Some of them just don't get it.

AMEN!
  • fitsharon
    fitsharon Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Most all pizza places have salads. Maybe you can make a suggestion to your boss to order a large salad as well.
  • tamazinglee
    Options
    Pizza party is over now. I had two slices. A diet coke. I skipped the potato chips. BUT I had now will power today and ended up eating a pretty big piece of carrot cake. I hope to make up for this bad afternoon by eating a light dinner.....a salad maybe. And doing extra excercise.
  • ChubbyBunny
    ChubbyBunny Posts: 3,523 Member
    Options
    Glad to see you survived. :flowerforyou: