Do you use a pedometer app?

Options
Thought I'd try again:

I have used pedometers in the past. The kind that clip on to your waist band and the kind you wear like a watch. Technology has changed and we have become more advanced (right?). So now I am trying to cram as many useful tools that I can into my iPod. I am in search of the perfect pedometer app for the Ipod Touch. I don't know if it exists. So far I have only used the ones called PEDOMETER FREE and PEDOMETER FREE GPS +. They are both free apps but tend to be inaccurate, as far as keeping track of how far or how fast I've walked (The numbers are always low).Their features, graphics and interface are all great and the apps are still worth having, but I want more than that. I want accuracy!
Does anyone have any experience or recommendations for a good pedometer app? Free vs $$? Maybe the paid apps are better.
What kind do you have?

Replies

• teri_cmc
    Options
    I use both iTreadmill and RunKeeper and like them both. I'm pretty sure they were both free.
  • Awineburg
    Options
    i downloaded one yesterday on my Android and it apparently corrupted my phone and I had to do a master reset :grumble: :sad: . So if you do download an app make sure its from a good site
  • amison3
    Options
    I use Endomondo - tracks all kind of sports!

Walking
    Running
    Hiking
    Cycling

Acurate and links to an online account - it records your speed, average speed, distance etc.
  • HeatherH1984
    Options
    I use cardio trainer, it's a pedometer, tracks where you've gone, how fast you're going and ultimately how many steps it's taken you to do it.

Good thing about it is it's free :)
  • mroyall29
    mroyall29 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello Snookeroo,

Congrats on your 29 lbs!!! I use a pedometer/GPS that is called cardio trainer (free) and I think it seems pretty accurate. I like it because not only can I use it for walking, but I can change it for when I bike. I have researched this accuracy issue and from what I can see it has to do with GPS signal so that can be your server. I have Sprint, which is really good in my area. My phone is also a pretty good Samsung android.

Hope that helps.
  • Texaganian
    Options
    CardioTrainer from WorkSmart Labs is really, really excellent. Alas, I just checked and apparently it is Android only.

One of the thing I like about it is that you can set it to use either GPS (great if you are outside) or use the accelerometer to count steps and calculate distance (which is great for me because I walk the underground tunnels at work in the winter).

And it's free. Hard to complain.