Kindred Spirits

Options
Been back a week.....I'm 6'4", over 300 lbs,

Took a desk job a couple of years ago, quit smoking, replaced the nicotine and alcohol with food (lots of food)........quit exercising, and went from 265-ish to 315......When I first checked out this site a few months ago, there were no men whose successes (nor similarites to me) caught my eye. ...Wasn't really looking TOO hard, probably.
So (can you guess?), in a Poor Me fit...I quit....The same old behaviors reared their heads, and I just took the lazy way out...

Now: Can't get down on the floor to play with my wonderful little (5-year old) daughter..It hurts. Can't run more than 10 feet...Knees hurt...back hurts...Can't do ANY regular push-ups...Feel like I'm dying (literally) after 2 flights of stairs.....Feel like s#%& most of the time....

I'm sick of it!!.
.So I came back to MFP....and everything starts falling into place. Crazy.......The synchronicity...the "coincidences" are mind boggling....
Boom !I started seeing success stories I can understand. There's blogger Phil, then another guy, both Positive Thinkers, around my height and (formerly) my weight, and it's given me 2 major jolts of "You Can Do It" in just a three day span. THEIR story IS my story...Amazing!

I'd like to connect and become friends with some more guys who can relate to my story, who know what to do to live right and get healthy... and are committed to doing just that.....Guys who can remind me where we're going... and remind me how to get back to health and a full active life..

You ALL are indeed an inspiration, and I'm back on the Right Path, at long last.

.Thanks for sharing your strength and fortitude, and optimism!

Lowell

Replies

• manymuses
    manymuses Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    This site and the people here are truly amazing. MFP is making all the difference for me just when I needed it most.

Cheering you on...

Linda
  • ElGatoGrande
    Options
    Thanks so much, Linda!

....It's very weird that it's actually become one of those "Do or Die" deals...Very strange...Kinda crept up on me.
  • techcommdood
    techcommdood Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm in. and kudos on the skateboarding!
  • manymuses
    manymuses Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much, Linda!

....It's very weird that it's actually become one of those "Do or Die" deals...Very strange...Kinda crept up on me.

Mine IS do or die, for sure. I had a cardiac cath about 3 weeks ago and had to face death. The time is right now for me. I have 2 little kids (3 and 7) who need me, so I am DOING this and never looking back.
  • ElGatoGrande
    Options
    Thanks, man....Right on.:glasses:
  • ElGatoGrande
    Options
    that's heavy stuff....Amazing what kind of s&$% we have to go through to get here. Glad you made it!
  • 311Phil
    311Phil Posts: 397
    Options
    Been back a week.....I'm 6'4", over 300 lbs,

Took a desk job a couple of years ago, quit smoking, replaced the nicotine and alcohol with food (lots of food)........quit exercising, and went from 265-ish to 315......When I first checked out this site a few months ago, there were no men whose successes (nor similarites to me) caught my eye. ...Wasn't really looking TOO hard, probably.
    So (can you guess?), in a Poor Me fit...I quit....The same old behaviors reared their heads, and I just took the lazy way out...

Now: Can't get down on the floor to play with my wonderful little (5-year old) daughter..It hurts. Can't run more than 10 feet...Knees hurt...back hurts...Can't do ANY regular push-ups...Feel like I'm dying (literally) after 2 flights of stairs.....Feel like s#%& most of the time....

I'm sick of it!!.
    .So I came back to MFP....and everything starts falling into place. Crazy.......The synchronicity...the "coincidences" are mind boggling....
    Boom !I started seeing success stories I can understand. There's blogger Phil, then another guy, both Positive Thinkers, around my height and (formerly) my weight, and it's given me 2 major jolts of "You Can Do It" in just a three day span. THEIR story IS my story...Amazing!

I'd like to connect and become friends with some more guys who can relate to my story, who know what to do to live right and get healthy... and are committed to doing just that.....Guys who can remind me where we're going... and remind me how to get back to health and a full active life..

You ALL are indeed an inspiration, and I'm back on the Right Path, at long last.

.Thanks for sharing your strength and fortitude, and optimism!

Lowell

Much respekt man. The only way to do this is to be postive about it! We all have our moments of slip ups (THEY ARE NOT FAILURES! JUST SLIPPING BACK INTO BAD HABITS) The only failure is if you quit!

I will defnitely be here to motivate you along the way!! There are AMAZING people here. Im glad I inspired "the spark" that others inspired in me. KEEP ON MOVING FORWARD, if you happen to slip-we'll all help pick you back up :)