why oh why do my boobs itch?

Options
HA - i knew that would get people's attention. Seriously though, my boobs, my sides, my "shelf" are all itchy lately. I thought this occurred when you were gaining weight and your skin was "stretching," but I am, in fact, for really real now, losing weight so I'm confused. Does this also account for my itching? Or maybe it's all just in my mind and I'm certifiably crazy now. :shrug: I'm already aware of the last part :D

Replies

• nursegessica
    Options
    Um... maybe you should moisturize. LOL. IDK! :tongue:
  • bcgirlinns
    bcgirlinns Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    LOL - mine do that too. I usually chalk it up to dry winter skin.
  • JillyBean819
    JillyBean819 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    That's happened to me in the past. I suggest using Gold Bond Medicated powder. It eliminates the itching.
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    maybe its the muscles around your boobs or something, or it could be that your boobs are exposed to sweat...after i run my boobs feel kinda itchy
  • Setof2Keys
    Setof2Keys Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    OK don't get grossed out, but you may have an over growth of fungus on your skin. We all have it, but some get too much. It will itch and is amplified by sweating. Here is a link and just so you know, it may not be this visual at first. If it continues, you should see your doctor. They can test it with a simple skin scraping (doesn't hurt). http://www.skinsight.com/adult/tineaVersicolor.htm
  • JulieTX86
    Options
    Sounds like the same areas a sports bra would fit on you, maybe that has something to do with it? Or they winter weather? I have no clue... I can honestly say my boobs have never itched, LOL. I am sure it is annoying for you, I would try a strict moisturizing regimen for a week and see if it helps?
  • Ddavis1967
    Ddavis1967 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Well, at the risk of sounding indelicate....what kind of bra are you working out in? Some fabrics can irritate areas that get sweaty, as can some laundry detergents. Maybe try all cotton or some of that fancy "dry" workout clothing washed in baby detergent??
  • SaraTonin
    SaraTonin Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Have you been using sports bras a lot more often lately? Because it's possible your skin is sensitive to the latex in the elastic bands. That's what happens to me!

Might also be a reaction to your deodorant, or your washing powder, or just general rubbing and sweating from exercising. Gold Bond is a good idea.
  • callipygianchronicle
    Options
    If you exercising and sweating more than normal, believe it or not, it could be a yeast infection. I developed insane breast itching during my pregnancy, and my doctor diagnosed me at that time. I was shocked, but he said it’s very common. Think of it like athlete’s foot. We tend to only think of yeast happening “down there” but any area kept warm and moist is prone to the infection. It’s very easy to cure and treat, if it turns out to be yeast. Keep the area clean, dry, and apply an over the counter medication, like Lanacaine.

Of course itching can be caused by all sorts of skin bacteria, not only yeast. So make sure you have multiple sports bras so that they can be washed between workouts. And that you take them off as soon as you’re done working out.
  • crazymama2two
    Options
    thanks guys :) since im the queen of itchy hands ill be using lotion everywhere now. and also hoping my boobs are getting smaller from my weight loss :D i dont care if the husband will be sad about that - he doesnt hav eto lug these puppies everywhere he goes LOL
  • Martha_VH
    Martha_VH Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I tend to have sensitive skin, especially in the winter. Find a laundry soap for sensitive skin.
    Sometimes I also put lotion on them when they get itchy.

The other thing I learned recently is not to take super hot showers. ALL of my skin used to be very very itchy, my back, my stomach, arms legs, everything. If you take luke warm its better for your skin.