30 Day Shred Anyone?

Options
So I just purchased Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred Exercise DVD. I've heard really wonderful things about it, but that it totally kicks you *kitten*! Anyone like to join in on the Shred with me? I'd LOVE the company for support and motivation! We could make a mini-program out of it and post everyday how our workouts went & how much weight we've all lost by the end of it.

My Goals for Today:

- 30 Day Shred: Day 1
- Drink 10 cups Water
- Under Calorie Goal

SW: 159.5

Replies

• kmc70
    kmc70 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Just got it yesterday, after having done some of it on OnDemand. Happy to join you. Just finished my first day of level one.
  • rore1
    rore1 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I am thinking of getting it.Which one did you get?seems like there are different ones (I guess older versions?) and I think one that requires weights...GOOD LUCK!!!!
  • krystalstraw
    Options
    I have the 30 Day Shred and LOVE IT!! I'm past the first 30 days but keep it in my DVD rotation! While I don't do that DVD everyday, I'll be glad to join a mini-program with you for accountability and to help each other! My goal is to work out 5 days a week and stay under my calorie goal every day. I have yet to do Level 3 of the Shred, so I would challenge myself to do that!
  • BifDiehl
    BifDiehl Posts: 474
    Options
    I'd love to join you, although I'll be a couple of days behind. I'm anxiously awaiting my copy to ship from Amazon....
    Good luck and I'll join when I can.

Just saw your profile - I'm so glad you're working for the animals... I've adopted two animals from our local SPCA, one of which is a chocolate lab who was 9yrs when we adopted her two years ago. She is the sweetest thing ever! Anyway, good luck with both the animals and the weight loss!
    ~ Dana
  • txjulie
    txjulie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'll join you. I've got the Shred in the DVD player & ready to go tonight. Awesome!!
  • teachparents
    teachparents Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Im on day 7 , however its been 14 days. i like to do the program one day, run 5k the next... not sure what kind of results i will get but i like the change up... i find the level one hard, so wonder what level 2 on day 10 will feel like!!!
  • anihop
    anihop Posts: 18
    Options
    I would be happy to join you. I already have the DVD and did it last year for awhile. It really does kick your butt - I never made it past level II. I assume we will post our results here?
  • wtk563
    Options
    I would love to join! I need to keep motivated. I plan on doing the DVD after work this evening.
  • Peyton115
    Options
    SO excited to have so many people interested! This is my first time starting one of these forums so I may need a little help along the way but I was thinking every day we could each post our daily workout (Like: 30 Day Shred, Level 1: Day 1) and any other goals we may want to include. For me I'll probably make each day a challenge to stay under my calorie goal and to drink extra fluids. Like I said before, first forum, so if you have any suggestions as how we should make this work let me know! So excited to get started!!!!! :happy:
  • teachparents
    Options
    ok the shred seems to have no effect on my abs whatsoever.. doenst hurt when i do the crunches, cant feel it working, and notice no changes in my stomach.. i'm on day 8.....

any hints as to how to make sure i'm doing the crunches properly?other people tell me they can feel the burn so bad they can hardly move the next day????

son is a personal trainer but apparently has no time for mommy and her issues.lol
  • txjulie
    txjulie Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    D1 is in the books as of last night. I have done a few other exercise series DVD's (my favorite - Chalean Extreme) and didn't find the 30 Day Shred torture. It was a good workout for the amount of time. I am not sore at all today but I'm not going to complain. I really HATED the side lunges with the arms extended in the front. I have one bad knee so lots of lunges aggravate me. It is a lot better than last year though right after I hurt it trying to do Insanity. Now that is an IMPOSSIBLE workout for me - way too much jumping around. How did everyone else do yesterday or this morning? Feel free to add me if you need more friends. I'm in it for the long haul this time!!
  • theTupper
    Options
    Well, I'll chime in. I feel like the token "man" doing 30 Day Shred. I ordered it not knowing anything about it other than the reputation it has on MFP. Seems to be focused on the female, but I figure the workout is better than no workout at all. I just tune out Jillian when she's talking to the "ladies." haha

I'm halfway through and I have to say that my arms are SORE after the workouts, but I'm doing them with more than 3lb weights (8 to 20 depending on the exercise).

May be TMI, but the part I hate the most is the jumping jacks. I can do them just fine, but my gut bouncing up and down KILLS! Guess I know how you ladies feel about your...umm...bouncing parts! haha

**edited for spelling**
  • jessicad99
    Options
    I love that dvd.I have had it for a while,I have gotten to level 2. I also love last chance workout from the biggest loser.
  • teachparents
    Options
    i hate the skip rope part,, i move one foot at a time skipping instead of both feet together... i cheat!
  • teachparents
    Options
    just finished day 9 of workout... after 9 days still soaked in sweat after the workout!!
  • Peyton115
    Options
    Just finished Day 2 of Workout 1. Everything seems to be going pretty well for me. I'm sore from yesterday but the workout wasn't horrible... so far so good.
  • teachparents
    Options
    i am afraid to start level 2.. could barely keep up with level 1! start level 2 tomorrow..... wish me the best!
  • teachparents
    Options
    ok question.. level one of the shred is a certain calorie burn.. i log in at general cardio... but level 2 must be more calories burned..??? how do i log that one in???
  • teachparents
    Options
    oops i meant circuit training general, not general cardio.....