Day 3 of better eating, day 2 of MFP

Options
Hi all. I am an Atkins follower. I am on Phase 1, induction and on day 3 of my eating plan. I lost 80 lbs last year and gained 50 lbs back due to loads of stress and life changes. But I am through making excuses and am ready to get back to my journey of health and fitness. Besides, I have a closet full of smaller clothes that I have barely worn, since I was at my lowest weight for just a blink of my eye! So I am ready to shed this 50+ lbs and then onto goal!

Replies

• kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    You will do it again! This is the first step. I am newly refocused also. I have gained 15lbs in the last year since my wedding. ;(
  • chk48
    chk48 Posts: 4
    Options
    Good Luck.
  • enmaku
    enmaku Posts: 24
    Options
    Atkins is good for rapid weight loss but it's not a diet you can live with for the rest of your life. Even if it takes a bit longer you might be much better off simply eating a healthy balance of proteins, complex carbohydrates and plenty of veggies. Diets don't work because they're designed to be temporary, it sounds like what you need is a lifestyle change. Try eating a healthy balanced diet for about a month, take a good multivitamin and make a habit of exercising, even if it's just a walk around the block. THAT is something you can maintain for the rest of your life, be happy with and it will make you much healthier in the long run.

Remember, it's not about LOSING weight, it's about GAINING health.
  • LaJauna
    LaJauna Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Atkins is good for rapid weight loss but it's not a diet you can live with for the rest of your life. Even if it takes a bit longer you might be much better off simply eating a healthy balance of proteins, complex carbohydrates and plenty of veggies. Diets don't work because they're designed to be temporary, it sounds like what you need is a lifestyle change. Try eating a healthy balanced diet for about a month, take a good multivitamin and make a habit of exercising, even if it's just a walk around the block. THAT is something you can maintain for the rest of your life, be happy with and it will make you much healthier in the long run.

Remember, it's not about LOSING weight, it's about GAINING health
    '
    Thanks for the concern, but I am a confirmed Atkins follower. I have found that I cannot eat any other way without fatigue, joint pain, intestinal problems and carb addition issues. I have my doctors blessings and my blood panels are all in the optimal range. Just because you are not following the path I am on please refrain from judgement without getting to know me first.
  • sophiajackson99
    Options
    Hi LaJauna! I totally understand enmaku's comments, because that too has been my experience with Atkins. I lost 10, but gained 15 when I started eating carbs again. BUT I also respect your need to find your own way. If there's anything that we should have control over, it's what is going in our own mouths! The journey is totally yours and you'll figure it out.

In any case, welcome and best of luck in your program. It's all a learning experience. :)