A little Terrified

Options
Hello MyFitnessPal!

Although I have had this account for sometime now, today is my first day!

I stepped on the scale yesterday and saw 240lbs.

My weight has ALWAYS been around 180. WHAT HAPPENED? I'm only 22! This has to stop now!

I am looking to all of you for support. I am scared of failure, but at this point, there is no other option.

Thanks!

Emily

582758.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• Beadedturtle
    Options
    You can do whatever you set your mind to!! I have faith that you can do it :)
  • Murdog
    Murdog Posts: 70
    Options
    Welcome Emily! There is a wealth of knowledge and support here. You are among friends. Just remember one day at a time. And make a daily commitment with small steps. Good luck!
  • beautymkt
    Options
    Welcome Emily! I am new to this calorie counting stuff too! I have a goal to reach and taking one day at a time. Set a goal with a date! Don't focus so much on the weight but on the inches coming off and how good you will feel every day! Remember one day at a time! You will do great! Good luck!
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    It starts with oneself...Once you achieve that and believe in yourself - the rest will come. We are here to support you durin' your time of your new journey of weight loss...be actived daily on here, read the forums - make new friends...its a wonderful experience...:)
  • HotMomma86
    Options
    Welcome and congrats on taking the first step! I was in a similar situation. After my kids I was 156 at my heaviest. Then a few months ago, I stepped on the scale to see 194! I was so embarrassed that I had let myself get there. Just use that as a stepping stone. You can do this! There is so much support here and everyone is so encouraging. Just remember there will be times you want to give up or give in, but don't. It's so worth it in the end to keep going and fight through the tough times.
  • rkhdietrich
    Options
    When I started (again) 3 weeks ago, I also weighed 240. If you need someone to chat with, I'm here. I actually haven't posted anything to the boards or added any friends, but I'd love to have someone to work with. You can do it!!
  • xXAlana21Xx
    xXAlana21Xx Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    You only fail when you stop trying... until then it is a work in progress
  • ErinLauren
    ErinLauren Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend. I am seeing amazing results! Good Luck! Its all just mind over matter!
  • jennifer3998
    jennifer3998 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Awww for some reason your post made me a little teary! I get the feeling that you are ready, and if you are truly ready you will succeed! Feel free to add me as a friend if you want to.

Jennifer
  • girliegirl1822
    girliegirl1822 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    welcome!!! you can do it just take it one day at a time!! :smile:
  • southernlay_d
    Options
    Your post made my throat clench.. I'm sorry honey! You can do this!!!
  • xJustynax
    xJustynax Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    All the negative thoughts aside. Take small steps everyday and don't give up. Believe in yourself. You CAN do it!
    Good Luck!
  • MelissaE27
    MelissaE27 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    You can do this... keep your chin and up and say I can do this!.. add me you will find the encouragement here wonderful!
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Make sure to go into the Message boards to General Diet and Weight Loss Help and read the posts at the top of the list.

Links you want to read again and again

and

The post for Newbies.

Loads of information.

And welcome. This is a great site. Remember slow and steady is healthier than quickly. Don't think of this as a diet but a new lifestyle.
  • janaegriffin87
    janaegriffin87 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Welcome Emily! I just joined not too long ago myself and I guarantee you will find so much support here that it will be overwhelming. Feel free to friend me and if you need anything we are here. Slow and steady wins the race!
  • Aitenev
    Options
    I know the feeling. One day you just wake up and can't believe what you've let happen. The good news is that you have decided to make the change. That's the first step. Take it one day at a time and I'm sure you can do it! There are so many success stories here to prove that. Feel free to add me if you like and good luck!
  • twooliver
    twooliver Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Congratulations for taking the plunge!!! Only look forward with hope and leave the regrets of the past behind!!!

Just imagine what you are capable of accomplishing!!
  • heartsmart63
    Options
    Well, ya know what? I think you have just taken the most difficult step and that is beginning! We all have extra fluff and you do want to get a bit smaller and especially since you are very young. As we age, it gets a little more difficult so good FOR YOU! I am 63 and on the wagon again! You go girl!
    Wendy :flowerforyou:
  • ehoes7
    ehoes7 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Ya'll are just makin' me cry!

Thank you so much for your support!! YAY!!
  • chk48
    chk48 Posts: 4
    Options
    Dear Emily,

I have attempted to lose weight for many years now and I am in my first week for the millionth time.

At the moment I am in the dark phase. I feel like I am walking around in a dark room trying to find the light switch.

The first, sometimes few weeks, although I feel happy – I keep wondering when I will find the light switch (I guess I am scared of the dark). By this I actually mean the first sign of my efforts paying off. Like going up a notch on my belt or not having to hold my stomach in to zip up my trousers. It’s not noticeable but I can feel the difference. I know I will eventually find the light switch, I just need to stick around a bit to find it, then I’ll be okay.

Even though you’re scared, don’t forget to stick around enough to find the light switch. You’ll be less scared once you find the light switch.

Best of luck.

Chandni