How Do You Stay Motivated

Options
Hi. I'm new to the forums. Came across this site when I was looking for a calorie counter for my Android. I started working out again, but some days I just don't have the motivation. What are you guys/gals doing to keep yourself motivated? TIA

Replies

• outersoul
    Options
    I stay motivated because I'm simply tired of my back hurting. I'm tired of sleep apnea. I understand I need to be healthier. On the days I don't want to go to the gym, like last night, I think about how far I've come in such a short time and I hop in my car. I've learned to love working out, specifically running. I can't imagine not doing it.
  • loseit4good52
    Options
    For me, I have to just, as the saying goes "Do it"! I never feel like exercising, so I have to get past those feelings and just do it. I feel 100% better after I do and I am always glad I did it. Find something you enjoy doing and that will make it easier.:flowerforyou: Hope this helps! Have a wonderful day! :heart:
    -Colleen
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    I'm getting married in a year and a half, and I refuse to be a fat bride. One of my friends showed me a website of fat brides and I almost cried. Plus I want to feel sexy again. I tape a picture of myself at my biggest to the cupboard, and I tape the picture of my wedding dress above the TV when I work out.
  • lowpost42
    Options
    My motivation is currently winning a "biggest loser" type contest - it's what got me through the first week (not wanting to donate my entry fee).

The other thing that I constantly remind myself of are the following two quotes:

"There's never an excuse for taking a day off" - Herschel Walker, hall of fame running back

and

"Pain of discipline. Pain of regret. Make your choice." Florida Gators locker room

I've been 41 days doing cardio every day. I've got a trip to the carribean in a week - and will continue the cardio there!
  • ingeborgv
    ingeborgv Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    My trick is constantly setting mini-goals - not weight related ones, but workout or good habit goals.

Example: From Jan 1 through Valentine's Day, I have:
    * had no alcohol
    * worked out five times a week
    * logged food every day, and stayed below my weekly calorie goal
    * managed to run 10k in 50 min on the treadmill

All my mini-goals are achieved. Now, I get a pedicure, a facial - and two weeks at my maintenance level calorie allowance before I attack the final 5-8 pounds.
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I have a picture of me from 5 yrs ago that I use to keep me motavatied,I really want to look like that again.
  • jlorenzo31
    jlorenzo31 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    Some nice replies, thanks!