Baby steps

Options
Hello,

I'm brand new to myfitnesspal. I saw it in a post on facebook that someone has put on a mutual friend's wall, I'm glad I did!
I don't have too much to lose, I'm hoping for 10lbs. I'm 4'11" so any weight I put on looks like double it would look on a person of average height (at least that's what I feel like!). And I know if I let myself be okay with the weight I'm add, it will slowly creep up. I've gone up 5lbs since last year, and working on my next 5... hopefully I can start healthy habits that will put on the right track and will last this time!

~Rachel

Replies

• Sparren
    Sparren Posts: 106
    Options
    Welcome!
    This site is fantastic, have battled my weight all my life, and it wasn't until I found this site that I've made a difference to myself. In fact, I'm now lighter than when I met my husband and had kids!

All the very best with your goals, as a fellow "dainty" (I'm slightly taller than you at 5'2") I know that any weight lost or gained makes a huge difference!

Karen

:flowerforyou:
  • lwells611
    Options
    Welcome toMFP family! I have only been a member since Feb. 14th. I know what you mean @ being short, I am 4ft 10 and I need to lose a little more weight than you do. but , I was encouraged today when I put on a shirt I haven't been able to wear comfortably for quite some time. Maybe not eating like it's my last meal &weights are working!
  • cris12
    cris12 Posts: 90
    Options
    welcome! this site really is good for keeping track of calories lost and gained, as well as tracking exercise. I'm also short (5'2") and am also in to lose 10-15 lbs. I've already lost 5 of them, so you can too!