First time mom finally to loose the weight :)

Options
Hi everyone! I am trying to loose between 20-25 lbs of "baby weight". I had been 10 lbs lighter, but my baby wasn't easy, so quick bad, and processed snacks with little exercise with the name of the game. Now that things are getting on track after a year, I want to really watch my eating habits and keep on the right track to get to my pre-baby weight. Any other mommas out there in the same situation?

Replies

• ratkaj
    ratkaj Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry but it's lose not loose.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I just had my 3rd baby on christmas day and I am also trying to at least tone up/ lose last 10 lbs-feel free to add me as a friend if u want
  • missannabomb
    Options
    Ready for a real answer instead of people only chiming in to correct your spelling? ;)

I had soooo much weight to lose after the birth of my son. I gained quite a bit before I became pregnant. Lost 20 and was feeling great. Got lazy and gained it back. Just as I started back on my diet - pregnant. My normal weight was always between 130-140. I was 179 when I found out I was expecting. The day I went to the hospital to deliver I was 239. I was horrified. After delivery I was 216. Once the little one started sleeping better I got started fixing it.

Today, I am 140. It's been 18 months since I had my son. I have been living a low carb lifestyle for a little over a year now and I owe it all to that. I have found a million ways to substitute my previous carb-filled addictions. The program is easy to follow if you just have a little discipline and keep your goal in focus. When you start, you could lose 10-15lbs right from the door. Given, it's mostly water weight, but it's a great motivational boost and helps you keep going. There will be stalls, just like any other diet. There's tricks to pushing through them. I look like I did 10 years ago! Well, add a few stretch marks and a little extra skin. Haha! If you would like any more info or some support along the way, I'd be happy to help. I would love to motivate someone to do that same as me. My husband took the journey with me and we both look and feel great today. You can add me as a friend here if you like. I'll share my secrets.
  • shawtsy
    shawtsy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    You are right. It was incorrect spelling :). But then again, I have been up since 4:30 due to a crying baby. While I do hold two degrees in science, I do manage to make grammatical mistakes every so often. I do this despite doing a quick reread. If you feel the need to comment on one's grammar then you have too much time on your hands and should focus on issues relevant to this site. Have a great day!
  • shawtsy
    Options
    Thanks! I will add you guys :)
  • hilsidney
    hilsidney Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain!! In 2000 I had my first child on Christmas Day. I left the hospital weighing 210!! I didn't really start to try hard to lose the weight until he was almost two. I cut down on my calories. Portions and mindless eating are a big problem for me. I also started walking and then eventually doing walking running intervals on the treadmill. I got down to 145.

In 2005 I got pregnant with my second child. I did great this time the whole pregnancy with diet and exercise. Gained minimal weight, got back into my old clothes quickly. Somewhere around the time my baby turned 9-10 months and started eating more solid food I started to gain weight. I was always finishing his food and I felt too tired and stressed to exercise. I eventually over that next year or so gained steadily. One day I had to go to the Dr. and they weighed me... 205 lbs!!! Oh no! So, last year I started exercising, I've been not so good at portion control, but better. I reached the 175 mark by September. Both my dad and brother died around that time so I maintained, but didn't lose any more. Now it's a new year and it's going to be a good one! I'm trying to break the plateau.

It's hard for mommy's because of weight gain but also our body shapes change when we have children too. I think you'll do great though, and there is a lot of inspiration around here! Let me know if I can ever help in any way. :)
  • JessPando
    Options
    First time momma here! I'm looking to lose about 40lbs. Not all of it is baby weight though. Ha.
  • Brightlyte
    Options
    Shawtsy,

Ignore the grammar nazi. You can do this. I have found MFP to be extremely helpful with my weight loss goals and 99% of the people here are very helpful and encouraging.

As far as the weight loss goals, I think it all completely depends on the individual; whether they are ready or not. I am 30 now and I have been overweight since I was about 10 years old. I had been making excuses for 20 years about why I could not lose the weight. Working out was too hard, it hurt, I was afraid of breaking a bone, pulling a muscle, etc. After I let go of my fears and excuses and got serious about following a strict diet/workout plan, I started shredding the fat. It's a total lifestyle change really and at this point I couldn't imagine living my life any other way.
  • shawtsy
    Options
    I have actually lost a lot of weight before, but now having had a baby, it isn't nearly as easy. I now understand why people just eat the easiest thing you can get your hands on or just emotionally eat. I never had to worry about time or how my baby crying affects me. So, I am trying to work on that. The exercise has been the easiest for me. It also doesn't help that I am married to a stick :P
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    hello and welcome. i feel your pain i have been there, trying to lose the last few pounds of baby weight too! 2 years on! lol!! welcome to mfp, feel free to add me!
  • shawtsy
    Options
    So, I think the journal aspect of this site really helps. It also helps that they have so many things for me to use for calorie counts. I don't have to try find one item that somewhat resembles what I ate.