Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How have I lost a lb. a day for the last 6 days?

Okay...according to everyone...3500 calories is a lb. There is no way that I am either burning that many or creating a calorie defecit of this every day this week. I started on here almost 3 weeks ago...I went 10 or so days without losing any weight(the week before Aunt Flo) and I have gone down approximately a lb. each day for the last 6 days. While I am glad that the weight is coming off...can some one give me a scientific explanation for this? I get a little nervous as a weigh each day, afraid that it will shoot back up.

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,294 Member
    water weight
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 776 Member
    It is most likely water weight. Have you been drinking more water or eating foods with less sodium? The more hydrated your keep your body, the less it needs to hold on to water (or retain water). Fluctuations around periods are normal too. Your body should regulate its self soon.
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Okay...according to everyone...3500 calories is a lb. There is no way that I am either burning that many or creating a calorie defecit of this every day this week. I started on here almost 3 weeks ago...I went 10 or so days without losing any weight(the week before Aunt Flo) and I have gone down approximately a lb. each day for the last 6 days. While I am glad that the weight is coming off...can some one give me a scientific explanation for this? I get a little nervous as a weigh each day, afraid that it will shoot back up.

The first week I started MFP, I lost a little over 4 pounds. The second week, I lost around 3 pounds. Now it's slow and steady and I believe that your's will get there too. I do think it is water weight as well. Keep drinking that water!!:drinker:
  • ChelseaRW
    ChelseaRW Posts: 366 Member
    I don't feel like I've been drinking enough water. Unless coffee counts. I probably have 3 to 4 cups of coffee and about 4 glasses of water a day. I was at 133 lbs for about 3 months, then in the last week 6 lbs came off.(there was a prior 1 or 2 lb weight shift every couple of days) I hope to goodness it doesn't go back on.
  • As long as you are consistent with your weigh ins you should be fine. I wouldn't weigh in every single day but once a week is great. First thing in the morning and completely naked;)
  • noltes2
    noltes2 Posts: 202 Member
    Wow lucky you! I'll start doing whatever your doing! What have you done differently this week?
  • ChelseaRW
    Wow lucky you! I'll start doing whatever your doing! What have you done differently this week?

I've been doing the same thing for the last few weeks(first week was prior to TOM (that time of the month)) I rotate my workout DVD's and keep my net calories around 1200. Before I joined I had lost 20 lbs and got stuck there for three months. Since I joined, I've monitered calories and increased my workouts from 3 -1 hour workouts to 6 or 7 -1 hour workouts each week.
  • ChelseaRW
    As long as you are consistent with your weigh ins you should be fine. I wouldn't weigh in every single day but once a week is great. First thing in the morning and completely naked;)

That will give me another lb...whoot whoot lol. Thanks
  • I don't feel like I've been drinking enough water. Unless coffee counts. I probably have 3 to 4 cups of coffee and about 4 glasses of water a day. I was at 133 lbs for about 3 months, then in the last week 6 lbs came off.(there was a prior 1 or 2 lb weight shift every couple of days) I hope to goodness it doesn't go back on.

Coffee doesn't count.... caffeine is an anti-diuretic (like alcohol) meaning that it actually makes you MORE dehydrated.
  • shaunshaikh
    shaunshaikh Posts: 616 Member
    Water weight. Maybe you were retaining water earlier and now you have started to shed it and your true weight loss over 3 weeks is starting to show. There's no other way. Water can make your weight fluctuate a lot. In wrestling, I regularly sweat off 10-15 pounds in a week before a wrestling meet as a 145 pound wrestler. I'd put it all back on right afterwards, but I'm just showing how much your hydration levels can affect your weight.
  • ChelseaRW
    wow! Thank you all...Better start drinking the water so my body doesn't start hanging on to it again!!
  • richiefixo
    richiefixo Posts: 104 Member
    are you peeing a lot? if so then its water weight otherwise....cross your fingers and pray that something you ate sped up your metabolism :)
  • ChelseaRW
    are you peeing a lot? if so then its water weight otherwise....cross your fingers and pray that something you ate sped up your metabolism :)

:laugh: :blushing: Yes...thats the answer. I have been peeing a lot!