Low calorie/Low sodium food ideas

Options
Hi MFP friends,

The site has really opened my eyes to the kind of food i was consuming and how unhealthy some of my meals were. Now that I am watching everything i put in my mouth, I am constantly learning new healthy food ideas. I was curious to find out what are some foods that you all eat that are low(ish) in sodium and low in calories....besides the obvious of fresh fruits and veggies?

I usually eat yogurt/60 cal pudding/hummus/nuts....but need more ideas. Help! Thanks in advance

Replies

• maggieschuck
    Options
    I like to make a big pot of homemade beans. Just plain beans with no salt. You can freeze the left over if you have too much. You can do so much with beans. They are low in calories and low in sodium. You can make a bean salsa salad, re fried, add them to a one egg omelet or just use them as a filler in tacos.
  • manymuses
    manymuses Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Try roasted garbanzos for a high protein, low fat snack:

http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/roasted-chickpeas/Detail.aspx
  • kamk16
    kamk16 Posts: 205
    Options
    bump
  • Mama4Jesus
    Options
    I came across some recipes in the taste of Home, Healthy magazine, you can check it out online too. also food network has some great recipes too. Also there is a site called fix it forget it, crock pot cooking and they have some good ones too. I was doing a Daniel fast, and I found recipes I could use.
  • sweet_girl
    sweet_girl Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you all!