What is the one food......

Options

Replies

123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    few things surprized me....... nuts are crazy high in calories

I remember being kind of surprised by almonds too.
  • patjad
    patjad Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Lindor truffles! :noway:

I don't know how bad the Lindor truffles are but I got a box of GODIVA truffles sent to me by a friend, and I threw them away--over 200 CALORIES EACH?!
    Bleh.
  • maggieschuck
    Options
    Non dairy creamer. Its just not fair.

Its not bad is you go for the sugar free or fat free. You just have to get used to the taste,
  • dalbers
    Options
    Peanut butter
  • NOLAdy
    NOLAdy Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Most, if not all, restaurant dishes. I always thaught I ordered the healthy things off the menu but I was wrong. The grilled shrimp at Outback really upsets me. And their steamed veggies!?!? I'd get the grilled shrimp appitizer, a side of steamed veggies and a side salad. I'd splurge on the dressing for the salad, and their bread. GD, I may as well have ordered Bloomin Onion. LOL
  • nickscutie
    nickscutie Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    cinnamon!
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    canned soup and white noodles...makes me sad that I can't bring myself to eat them anymore
  • bmreed0920
    bmreed0920 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I just cant get used to the taste. I tried. I even tried the Splenda coffee flavors, all they did was give me gas.
  • BryanAir
    BryanAir Posts: 434
    Options
    While breakfast cereal isn't too bad per serving, the serving size is ridiculously small, especially for a growing boy like me. The only cereals that made the cut for me is Fiber One and Cheerios, and I still don't eat those often.
  • LoserCruiser
    Options
    Peanut butter

Yes peanut butter was another one, we always think "oh its good for us!" BUT then you read the calories, lol, have to watch how much thats for sure!
  • LoserCruiser
    Options
    canned soup and white noodles...makes me sad that I can't bring myself to eat them anymore

Some canned soup isn't bad, like the cambells chicken noodle, BUT the sodium is CRAZY!!!
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Olive oil.
    And there I waa drizzling half a cup of olive oil over my salad and thinking I was being all healthy, not.
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Soylent green...

:laugh:
  • That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter

Yes peanut butter was another one, we always think "oh its good for us!" BUT then you read the calories, lol, have to watch how much thats for sure!

It is good for you...1 or 2 tbsp. Not the 1/2 cup that I could scarf down. :laugh:

I am not shocked with 99% of food's calories. I AM shocked at sodium...especially in veggies and stuff. Shocking!
  • MakingAChoice
    MakingAChoice Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Nuts can be higher in calories but the fat is a good fat. So if you are short on calories come evening time you can always toss back some almonds or pistachios.

Butter and Oils surprised me. Well a LOT of things surprised me. Once I started tracking it was easy to see how I gained so much weight.
  • Splendidissimus
    Options
    I'm going to be terribly original and say nuts. Not a whole lot else shocked me.

Actually, I was surprised by how little watery fruits like oranges have... I guess I thought since they are sweet they'd be bad.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Soylent green...
    Ha!
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Non dairy creamer. Its just not fair.

Its not bad is you go for the sugar free or fat free. You just have to get used to the taste,
    Actually Aldi has a fat free french vanilla that is quite good. They do make a sugar free one too but I haven't tried it.
  • kouzzzz
    kouzzzz Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    Pasta
  • katieseitz
    Options
    Olive oil.
    And there I waa drizzling half a cup of olive oil over my salad and thinking I was being all healthy, not.
    Came here to post this. Was following the "light" recipe on the side of a box of something and it said to substitute it for butter. JEEZE! From now on I'm just leaving it all off!