I have hit a wall!

Options
I was 190 now down to 182 in a matter of three weeks. For some reason I have hit a wall and havent lost anything the past week! I cut soda and unhealthy snacks out of my diet the best that I could. For some reason not cutting anything off lately. Any suggestions?

Replies

• sissona2
    Options
    wow...i weighted 190 and am also down to 182, but haven't lost anything in 2 weeks. I'm trying to eat more this week because I haven't been reaching my net calories and hope that will help a little.
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Is your sodium high? When I go over my sodium (no matter how much water I drink) then I don't lose weight.
  • hpsnickers1
    hpsnickers1 Posts: 2,783 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are eating your net calories (don't go below 1200) and remember that the first bit of weight we lose is mostly water weight. The weight loss will slow down some but you don't want to lose too fast. 8 pounds in 2 weeks is great but look more towards 1-2 pounds per week as a safer way.
  • Griffin90
    Griffin90 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It is funny how people on this site have so much advice about why things are happening. It happens to all of us who have tried to lose weight in the past. I think your body is adjusting. In the past I have lost quick pounds, then nothing. When I keep it up it starts coming off again. Just keep working at it.
  • MelleyJ
    MelleyJ Posts: 198
    Options
    Could be your body adjusting. Everyone hits a plateau at some point. Keep mixing things up and it will break. I hit my first one early, just after losing about 7 lbs. Get your water, workouts, and all your calories in and it will break. You can do it!
  • philwilson01
    Options
    Yes, try to watch your other stats closer rather than your calories. Focus on how much Bad Fat, Carbs, and Sodium you take in. I believe those are more important than watching calories if you are working on loosing weight and gaining strength. Also make sure you get plenty of vitamins and nutrients this plays a big part. Drink plenty of water. (remember the body is mostly made of water)
  • ronchap
    Options
    it happens just keep working it'll get going. I just started down again after 3 weeks of nothing. Just kept chugging along so don't get dicouraged
  • jcream03
    Options
    Thanks everyone! My only question is about the amount of calories, i set mine myself at 2200. Is there a way or maybe some kind of formula that tells you your recommended amount of weight loss in how many calories you should take in during a day? Because I have just been keeping myself at the number or below it since I started this dieting exercise. Thanks for your help!
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Weight loss isn't consistent but you have to be. 8 pounds in less than a month is great weight loss! I would give it another week. If you still haven't lost, make an adjustment.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    Thanks everyone! My only question is about the amount of calories, i set mine myself at 2200. Is there a way or maybe some kind of formula that tells you your recommended amount of weight loss in how many calories you should take in during a day? Because I have just been keeping myself at the number or below it since I started this dieting exercise. Thanks for your help!

Have you tried letting MFP set your calorie goals for you.? Just go to your home page and click goals. You enter your information and it tells you how much to eat.