FitBit anyone?

Options
I just saw an ad for this product, fitbit. see www.fitbit.com.

It appears to be a wearable device that keeps track of how many calories you burn every day.

They also have a companion website that you can keep track of what you eat, I already searched their database and found it lacking.

They have an API, would be cool if myfitness pal put something together to support it.

Anyone seen it? Used it?

Replies

• iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    I just saw an ad for this product, fitbit. see www.fitbit.com.

It appears to be a wearable device that keeps track of how many calories you burn every day.

They also have a companion website that you can keep track of what you eat, I already searched their database and found it lacking.

They have an API, would be cool if myfitness pal put something together to support it.

Anyone seen it? Used it?

I've heard it mentioned on other posts/sites when referring to a Heart Rate Monitor and sites/apps that support them. I have no experience using one but if they would put it on MFP I'd consider it. This is by far the best site I've found.
  • ladybu6205
    ladybu6205 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    this sounds very interesting. I too would be totally intrigued by it if it linked up to MFP or if MFP came up with a system just like it.
  • HeidiRodzen
    HeidiRodzen Posts: 455 Member
    Options
    I've had one for over a year. I don't use it anymore. I didn't find it very accurate. I would not recommend it.
  • crystaltrejo
    crystaltrejo Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I just checked it out, it looks cool, I would love to hear how it's working/not working for people.
  • fzyfrog
    fzyfrog Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I just returned mine. I don't think it's calorie counting capabilities are very accurate. I tested it during several different types of workouts. Would rather spend the money on a HRM. The FitBit is really more of a very expensive (inaccurate) pedometer.
  • red5
    red5 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have the bodybugg and love it! I wear it all day long and it is even a perdometer! I think it is very accurate! I love it. It was kinda pricey but well worth it!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    From what I can tell, the FitBit is just a glorified pedometer. It estimates calorie burn based on movement by using an accelerometer. A chest-strap HRM would likely be far more accurate. And if you're trying to use the FitBit to estimate calories burned for something like weight training, I can guarantee you it will be way, way off.
  • dbutcher
    dbutcher Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone, you guys are confirming what I was thinking, I won't purchase.