In question.....

Options
I know I know everyone's body is different but I've been working on my weight since begining of Dec and so far I have lost a total of 14.4 lbs! Yay I'm super excited about that BUT lol there is the huge word BUT....I have had friends and family tell me they notice the weight loss in my face. How ever I'm wondering when will the weight loss show on my body?!?! I'm short now keep that in mind I'm 4'10. I don't know I'm just getting discouraged and I don't want to give up but I feel here lately like I'm getting impatient :/ I know I'm not gonna give up I just need to keep trucking and moving forwards. Yeah but my question was for those who have lost weight how long did it take for people to start noticing. Any advice would be helpful to me! Thanks and hope everyone has a great day :D

Replies

• RoniDoll
    RoniDoll Posts: 262
    Options
    I have also lost 14.5 pounds since december! and the same thing with me... It's mostly in may face. Just keep trying and pushing. From my expirience, after i hit the 20 lb mark it starts to be noticable on your body. Keep it up!
  • o_so_red_1
    Options
    usually people notice i lose weight in my face first too, if you measure yourself i'm sure you will notice you have lost all over. Keep up the good work!
  • mapnerd2005
    Options
    read this article comparing losing weight to taking sheets off a roll of paper towels. It really is a good analogy. I think people notice in your face first because it actually does show there first because there's not as many fat stores under the skin in your face as there are on other places on your body.

http://leanbodiesconsulting.com/articles/The+Paper+Towel+Analogy

sorry, forgot to add the link the first time.
  • tammydspice
    Options
    I have lost 34lbs since Oct and people are just noticing now. :( I really want people to notice and I get really sad when I see someone that I have not seen since the Fall and they don't say anything!! grr, I have worked so hard...notice me!!! But int he last little bit people are mentioning it more and that feels great. Keep working at it and people will see it in more places then your face! But remember it is all about how happy you are with yourself and you progress...but it is still really nice to hear it too!!

T
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I can tell you for me people noticed it after I lost 10 lbs (mainly in my face). You lose it everywhere. Don't get discouraged. Do you notice if your clothes are getting bigger? I can't really tell on myself, but I can tell by my clothes. Anothers can tell that I have lost weight everywhere, but I can't by looking at the mirror. I still look the same to me. Don't give up!!! You will get there.
  • PeachyKeene
    PeachyKeene Posts: 1,645 Member
    Options
    For me if was at 15 lbs. I have only lost 6 since I started using MFP again in February. But, I did start my weight-loss endeavor the end of December and I have lost approx. 17 lbs. Mostly, people tell me they see it in my face (which is really round anyway). I can really tell in my chest and my face, but my pants still fit the same.
  • mapnerd2005
    Options
    Oh, and I got soooooo many compliments on my hair for probably the first 40-50 pounds. People start to notice you look different, but 1) don't want to say anything for fear that they may be wrong and somehow offend you, or 2) they know you look different but just can't figure out how. The people that know you best and see you every day will also likely be the last to notice you are losing weight. It took a full 70 pounds (I'm not exaggerating) for some of the people I work with to start noticing. I'm guilty of it too. One of my co-workers lost 60 pounds a few years ago and I didn't notice (I see him every day, and weight loss happens pretty slowly if done correctly) until I saw a "before" picture of him.
  • Influence2
    Options
    Also just remember... your face is what people see everyday.. If they saw your butt everyday they might notice it there too lol.
  • vitosbud
    vitosbud Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I'm only 4'11" and I absolutely agree people notice it in our faces first. To keep myself motivated I focus on how my clothes are fitting better . As for people "noticing" the face first keep at it and everything else will fall in line :)