Introducing myself

Options
HEy Guys, Loving the website and it's really helping me understand my goals. I'm a former US Paralympic Judo Team Member retired from competition since 08. IN the past 1 1/2 i've had 2 ACL surgeries & a lot of down time. 40 lbs later I'm back in the gym trying to take it off. Now that i'm retired from comp, I don't have all the time constraints & always having to make weight and so i'm excited about learning how to do it right. Currently I'm doing the P90X program with a lunch time workout, some form of cardio. This is my 2nd week on the P90X program & i'm still struggling to nail down the calorie counts. (2700 total cal, 50/30/20=p/c/f) USing this website has really opened my eyes to what calories i'm taking in and how much i was under eating as an athlete.

I'm really excited to see how strong & fit I can get.

Oh yea...one problem i've encountered with the calories counter. I've customed by Goal for a total count to reflect what p90x tells me..ie total count=2700. But when i add in my exercises for the day it adds calories burned to my total calories needed and messes me up my counts. Any suggestions? So far I just quick adding my exercises into my log.

thanks
scott

Replies

• 8JamieLeigh8
    Options
    If I don't want to eat my exercise calories I just keep track of my workouts and add my exercise at the very end of the day when I am done with my food diary so that way you don't have to subtract all day. Hope this helps :)
  • jlsAhava
    jlsAhava Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    Keep your exercise separate from your daily calorie settings. Your daily goal is determined by how active you are in your normal life. i.e. someone with a desk job is sedentary while a construction worker is likely to be very active. Best of luck!
  • JudoJones
    Options
    Thanks everyone, good idea about adding the exercises at night, now i just have to follow through and actually update. I usually get pretty lazy after the evening workouts & meals...