Kelly's Cheeseburger Soup

Options
kintegra
kintegra Posts: 1,026 Member
Several of my friends asked me for this the other day, so I decided to share it with everyone. I actually got the recipe from my former fiance's mom, so I can't take full credit. Feel free to substitute where you see fit. I did - this is the exact recipe of what I used to make it a little healthier. Next time I will probably use ground turkey breast instead of the 93% lean ground beef. I also cut down on the salt & pepper (original recipe is 1/2 tsp pepper & 3/4 tsp salt). And I used the Brummel & Brown as opposed to the butter. Also original recipe is 3/4 c chopped onion. I cut it down because CJ hates onions! :laugh:

Cheeseburger Soup:

1 lb ground beef 93%lean
1/2 c chopped onion
3/4 c shredded carrots
1 c diced celery
1 tsp dried basil
1 tsp dried parsley flakes
4.5 T Brummel & Brown yogurt spread (divided)
3 c. Chicken Stock
4 c diced peeled potatoes
1/4 c all purpose flour
8 oz Mild cheddar cheese
1 1/2 c skim milk
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/4 c. light sour cream

In large pot brown beef; drain & set beef aside. In same pan saute onion, carrots, celery, basil, & parsley in 1-1/2 T butter until tender; about 10 minutes. Add chicken stock, potatoes, & beef; bring to boil.

Reduce heat; cover & simmer 10-12 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Meanwhile in small skillet, melt remaining butter. Add flour, cook & stir 3-5 minutes or until bubbly. Add to soup; bring to boil. Cook & stir 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Add cheese, milk, salt & pepper; cook & stir until cheese melts. Remove from heat; blend in sour cream.

Serves: 8

Per my ingredients:

289 calories per serving
25 carbs
20 protein
2 fiber
569 sodium

Replies

• niki1027
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!!:happy:
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    BUMP :D for later :) x
  • teracallaway1
    teracallaway1 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    bump thx for this
  • CallejaFairey
    CallejaFairey Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    mmm..bump
  • jackiemomx2
    jackiemomx2 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Sounds great, thanks!
  • luly727
    luly727 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    yummmmm sounds sooo good on days like today..need to get all the ingredients and try with JennyO Xtra lean ground turkey..
    Thxs for sharing
  • ItsJustVicki
    Options
    Yum!! Are we suppose to lay on the floor while making!? LOL
  • kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    Bump
    Thank you!! :)
  • sabehtz
    Options
    Yum - looks great!
  • kelika71
    Options

LOL Only if your foot goes to sleep on ya! In that case, should come with warning labels to wear protective gear. ;)
    Love ya, Kelly!! :)
  • kintegra
    Options

LOL Only if your foot goes to sleep on ya! In that case, should come with warning labels to wear protective gear. ;)

I cannot be held responsible for any accidents you may have while cooking it!!! Just be sure there are no cameras around, as in my case there was!!! :laugh:
  • chelle1a
    chelle1a Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy! Can't wait to try it!
  • LoriT129
    LoriT129 Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    This sounds so goooood! I'll be trying this soon!
  • kelika71
    Options

I cannot be held responsible for any accidents you may have while cooking it!!! Just be sure there are no cameras around, as in my case there was!!! :laugh:

LMAO As Kelly demonstrates, cameras can capture incriminating evidence. ;)
  • mandyarostegui
    mandyarostegui Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    This sounds so yummy! May have some cornbread on the side this weekend! Thank you! :)
  • timbotina
    timbotina Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dmgaloha
    dmgaloha Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy! and with few enough veggies that I may even be able to get my hubby to try it. Do you have any pics of it that you can post or link us to?
  • kintegra
    Options
    Sounds yummy! and with few enough veggies that I may even be able to get my hubby to try it. Do you have any pics of it that you can post or link us to?

Sorry Donna, but no I didn't take any pics of it. :ohwell:
  • LexieSweetheart
    LexieSweetheart Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy
  • Carmendu
    Carmendu Posts: 409
    Options
    i love this soup. Not this exact version but I love the soup. Thanks for posting. Feel free to friend me if you like.