72 in 73

Options
I AM eating but exercising... well, a bit.
Damn thing keeps telling me I'm off into starvation mode.
Not when I look in the mirror I ain't! If I'm going to lose 72lbs in 73 days I gotta be strict?
I started with 85 in 83...

Replies

• That_Girl
    That_Girl Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    Ummmmm, really?

O_o
  • ladybug1620
    ladybug1620 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but that is not a realistic goal. And starvation mode doesn't mean you look like you're starving when you look in the mirror.
  • Belle_Fille
    Options
    this post will go POOF very soon!
  • blondie_0506
    Options
    I AM eating but exercising... well, a bit.
    Damn thing keeps telling me I'm off into starvation mode.
    Not when I look in the mirror I ain't! If I'm going to lose 72lbs in 73 days I gotta be strict?
    I started with 85 in 83...

The best way to lose weight and KEEP IT OFF is to lose no more than 2-3 pounds per week. If you are losing a pound a day, you are more likely to gain weight back...Thats what I've been told...
  • lruff1987
    lruff1987 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose weight correctly and effectively, you need to eat at least 1200 calories in a day. You absolutely have to feed your metabolism adequately so that your body can burn calories and fat. It's just the way it is. So start eating! :)
  • skinnyme125
    skinnyme125 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I think everyone else agrees with me and you sound like an anorexic in the making. I am sorry to be frank but it sounds like you need to get on the reality wagon and treat your body right. What you are tying is not healthy and will shock your body in a bad way.
  • bleem108
    bleem108 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You can lose weight by eating 1200 calories a day and it is a lot healthier for you but working out is a big part of losing weight too. Try to fit in even a small work out everyday and that will really help with your goal. The pound a day might be a little discouraging when you aren't getting the results you want. I would recommend making smaller goals or even giving yourself a time fram and see how much you can lose in 2 weeks (in a healthy way tho) give yourself little challenges it helps keep your motivation!
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Okay Steve, your motivation is awesome! But lets be a little more realistic here (yep, I checked out your profile). :flowerforyou: I'm sure it took you much longer than 73 days to gain the 72 pounds, so losing it will take a bit longer too.

I like your idea of shooting for the moon, because even if you miss you will hit a star... but it seems more like you are shooting for an impossible black hole that may suck you into a unhealthy oblivion! :frown:

Maybe it is time to modify your goal. Let’s see, at 56 your metabolism has already started to slow. Maybe a healthier goal (and still a lofty goal) would be to lose 10 pounds a month. That would be around 2.5 pounds a week. If you were able to maintain that, you’ll reach 70 pounds lost around mid-September.