Body Pump or boot camp - help me decide

Options
Thursday nights I usually do a Body Pump class, but I was thinking of trying a boot camp class tonight. I love body pump because it has helped me tone up. Boot camp sounds intimidating to me but I am intrigued. I am looking for a strength-training activity to do tonight - would boot camp do that for me? If you were me, which one would you go to tonight?

Replies

• Franticantics
    Options
    No harm in trying out the bootcamp, then you can decide for yourself which you prefer :)
  • namara
    Options
    I love Body Pump as well and just recently started doing the boot camp. There is a low-impact alternative to any exercise and since I am just starting, I tend to stick with a lower impact. As I go back every week, I can feel myself getting stronger!
  • MTLumps
    MTLumps Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    No harm in trying out the bootcamp, then you can decide for yourself which you prefer :)

I agree - give it a shot and see what you think. If you don't like it, then your decision next time is easy! :smile:
  • ladybu6205
    ladybu6205 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    changing it up might be good for you. Doing the same routine all the time, our body's tend to get used to it and slow progress. Throwing in something totally different shocks it into progressing again. I did a muscle pump class at the Y one time and OMG it was killer! I've not tried a bootcamp workout though... would love to do the P90X workout someday though... better be soon, I'm not getting any younger... I have that on my 50x50 mini bucket list to complete...LOL.

Good Luck!
  • NLG139
    NLG139 Posts: 11
    Options
    I love body pump and am going tonight. But if you've never done boot camp, give it a try. Whole different type of workout and use of your muscles. It's fun and you will be sore!
  • thecanface
    thecanface Posts: 1,180 Member
    Options
    i LOVE boot camp! you get a full body work out, i used to be intimidated by it to and its really not that bad once you go in the class. you dont HAVE to do every move if you can't. alot of people do what they can handle, which is fine. so worth it.
  • snerk
    snerk Posts: 51
    Options
    I do a bootcamp class twice a week. I love it!!!