FInally Getting Healthy after baby...EIGHT years later :)

Options
Just wanted to tell everyone HI and say I am so excited to have found myfitnesspal! I am in a weight loss competition with my boss and another employee and we weigh in every Friday. I currently weigh 185lbs (5’ 6”) and my goal is to reach my pre-pregnancy weight of 135lbs! Our final weigh-in is May 5, 2011! In order to "win" the competition, I am estimating that I will need to lose at least 30 lbs. by then since they are both fierce competitors...any help anyone can offer is greatly appreciated!

Since I want to be able to keep the weight off afterwards, I am attempting to make this life-changing. I have joined a gym with a friend of mine and we are going three days per week- 30 minutes of strength training and 30 minutes of cardio. We just joined this week, so wish me luck!

And now, I have a great way to track calories! Yay! My bike is ready for warm weather and now I just need to dig out my rollerblades :)

I wish everyone on here luck and would love to offer support to anyone else who needs it! It's about time I started this journey!

Thanks everyone!!!!!

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    Welcome----Good luck on your journey.
  • amyrc12
    amyrc12 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Good luck with your bet!! and your journey as well! I have found MFP to be the greatest support system I've ever had in the weight loss struggle. I love logging and checking in with all of my "MFPeeps" every day. They really keep me going - I hope you find the same thing
  • lorirogs
    lorirogs Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Sounds like my story! I am getting healthy after baby ... ten years later! It's time for mommy now :)
  • emilysebastian
    emilysebastian Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I bet by May you will be an exercise addict... it only took me a few weeks :wink:

Just remember... if you keep at this, no matter how much you lose by the end of the competition you will have already drastically improved your life--you can do this, and MFP can help!
  • cheangela
    Options
    Welcome! OMG I miss rollerblading!!! I forgot how much I loved doing it :-).

You can smash those co-workers!! Good luck!
  • jenh1101
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! I'm also trying to get my pre baby body back!
  • LaDiablesse
    LaDiablesse Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm also here for the long haul attempting to get my pre baby body back after having 3 kids! Good luck!
  • dovestorm2486
    dovestorm2486 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Wow....thanks everyone for the support! Didn't expect to get so many responses! Hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!

:flowerforyou:
  • dovestorm2486
    dovestorm2486 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    amyrc12-

LOVE your mini goals! Mind if I "borrow" a few? Lol~!