Fish recipes

Options
Anyone know of any good fish recipes? Tilapia, salmon, tuna? I'm not to picky :happy:

Replies

• gangstagirl625
    gangstagirl625 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    sorry i hate fish
  • pyro13g
    pyro13g Posts: 1,127 Member
    Options
    Sadly I usually just pan fry mine or throw them in a Thai seasoned stir dry. Tilapia I'll roll in some cornmeal sometimes.

Sometimes with salmon I saute Red, Green, Orange sweet peppers, ad salmon, add tomato sauce, simmer and season to taste.

In the summer I'll grill them and start using Haddock.
  • ZebraHead
    ZebraHead Posts: 15,207 Member
    Options
    It's not really a recipe:

I pan sear (almost blacken) my fresh Talapia in salt and pepper. Flipping once and then finish in the oven for a few minutes.

Make a nice tarter sauce with low fat miracle whip and sweet relish.

Black beans
    Steamed veggies (like carrots)

On the side.
  • skingszoo
    skingszoo Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    Bump.... I have about 6 tilapia fillets I need to use.
  • ingeborgv
    ingeborgv Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure our supper tonight would be nice with any white fish fillet, we used cod.

For four people:

Chop up 1/4 head of cabbage, 1/2 a red onion and 2-3 apples. Put in an oven proof dish sprayed with low-cal cooking spray. On top, place fish fillet i in serving-size pieces.

Add half a cup of water and bake in the oven at 180C/360F for 15-20 minutes. Mix 1/2 cup of light Greek yoghurt with a teaspoon of mustard and drizzle over the fish. Serve with brown rice or whole-grain pasta.
  • Rtrue18
    Options
    My Favorite way to have salmon is to make it with a 'mango salsa'...you can make your own or buy it (they have a GREAT one at costco actually). Just pan sear it on the stove with some olive oil and I like spice so I use some crushed red pepper and other seasonings. Then top with the mango salsa (its easier to just buy store bought and calorie count of salsa is usually pretty good just look out for the sugars! Another good sauce for salmon is to make a 'marinate' by using soy sauce (low sodium) and sugar free jelly, either apricot or orange, and marinate the salmon in it. Then when pan searing it add the marinate to the dish and let it simmer in it until cooked through.

For White fish I usually just put the fish in a baking pan (sprayed with pam) and then top with a lemon/garlic/pepper/rosemary type mix and sometimes add just a few wheat breadcrumbs on the top and bake it.

Im not a big recipe follower I like to cook as I go and with what I have on hand, but those are just suggestions :)
  • wkschuster
    Options
    Tilapia & Asparagus Packets
    Use nonstick foil in the center place some asparagus spears a couple slivers of fresh garlic add some pepper over the top. Then place one serving of fish on top season with what ever suits your fancy :) I make mine kinda spicy using cayenne, cumin, and a little chili powder, some sea salt and black pepper. Squeeze about half a lemon over the top. Fold the foil up around your fish and veggies to make a little sealed packet (make sure you leave room for steam to build up and cook everything off in the packet) Put them in the oven at 400 and cook for 20-25 min.
    I would do an individual packet for each person.
    Enjoy :)
  • susanperez
    Options
    I like to make Tilipia. I season with blacken seasoning and pan fry with a small amount of olive oil or grill it. Than combine chopped tomatoes, onion and a jalopeno and place over the top of the fish. Serve with stemed veggies.
  • lindalester
    lindalester Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    This one is fabulous, tried it last week and it became a fav imediately!!!

http://www.bhg.com/recipes/quick-easy/dinners-30-minutes-less/7-ingredient-or-less-dinners/

Peppered salmon with roasted root vegetables
  • zumba66girl
    Options
    BUMP! THESE ALL SOUND SCRUMPTIOUS!!!! THANKS.
  • kissmiback
    Options
    Thank you all so much! These all sounds great!!
  • DHalaby73
    DHalaby73 Posts: 980 Member
    Options
    Beer-Battered Fish and Chips

Use Alaskan cod in this dish. Serve with malt vinegar.

Yield: 4 servings (serving size: about 4 ounces fish and about 1/2 cup chips)

Ingredients
    The 5 ingredients:
    1 pound cod fillets, cut into 3-inch pieces
    1 cup dark beer (such as Negra Modelo), divided
    1 pound baking potatoes, cut into (1/4-inch) strips
    1/4 cup canola oil, divided
    3.38 ounces all-purpose flour (about 3/4 cup)
    Preparation
    Preheat oven to 450°. Combine fish and 1/4 cup beer in a medium bowl. Cover and chill for 1 hour. Place potatoes on a jelly-roll pan coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil, and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt; toss well. Bake at 450° for 20 minutes or until browned and crisp, stirring after 10 minutes. Drain fish; discard liquid. Sprinkle fish with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Weigh or lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine remaining 3/4 cup beer, flour, and 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper in a medium bowl. Add fish to beer mixture, tossing gently to coat. Heat remaining 3 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Remove fish from bowl, shaking off excess batter. Add fish to pan; cook 3 minutes or until browned. Turn fish over; cook 3 minutes or until done. Sprinkle fish with 1/4 teaspoon salt. Serve immediately with chips.

Nutritional Information
    Calories:
    Fat:
    15g (sat 1.1g,mono 8.4g,poly 4.6g)
    Protein:
    24.6g
    Carbohydrate:
    40.7g
    Fiber:
    2.2g
    Cholesterol:
    40mg
    Iron:
    2.4mg
    Sodium:
    524mg
    Calcium:
    30mg
  • DHalaby73
    Options
    Salmon with Maple-Lemon Glaze

Fresh: Finish the fish under the broiler to caramelize the glaze into a tasty browned crust. Serve with roasted potato wedges and peas.

Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 fillet)
    Ingredients
    2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
    2 tablespoons maple syrup
    1 tablespoon cider vinegar
    1 tablespoon canola oil
    4 (6-ounce) skinless salmon fillets
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
    Cooking spray
    Preparation
    1. Preheat broiler.

2. Combine first 4 ingredients in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add fish to bag; seal. Refrigerate 10 minutes, turning bag once.

3. Remove fish from bag, reserving marinade. Place marinade in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH 1 minute.

4. Heat a large ovenproof nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Sprinkle fish evenly with salt and pepper. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add fish to pan; cook 3 minutes. Turn fish over. Brush marinade evenly over fish. Broil 3 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.

Nutritional Information
    Calories:
    Fat:
    14g (sat 2.7g,mono 6.7g,poly 3.6g)
    Protein:
    31g
    Carbohydrate:
    7.5g
    Fiber:
    0.1g
    Cholesterol:
    80mg
    Iron:
    0.7mg
    Sodium:
    363mg
    Calcium:
    23mg
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    I marinade 4 servings of tilapia, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces, in 2 Tbsp olive oil, 2 Tbsp lime juice, 1/4 cup cilantro and a few cloves of garlic, minced - for about 30 mins. Heat oven to 425F and bake until the edges brown and the fish is flaky. I serve it with fresh pico de gallo or mango salsa, homemade baked tortilla chips and a rustic navy bean mash. Inspired by a recipe I saw on $10 dinners with Melissa D'Arabian (source: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/melissa-darabian/fish-and-white-bean-tostadas-recipe/index.html) - I do not follow her recipes to the T, though. I try to healthify them a bit! :wink:
  • DHalaby73
    Options
    Baja Fish Tacos

Fish tacos with a Baja flair are flavorful partners to the cabbage slaw, which adds crunch and a peppery bite.

Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 2 fish tacos and 2 lime wedges)

Ingredients
    2 tablespoons taco seasoning
    1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
    1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
    1 pound mahimahi or other firm whitefish fillets, cut into bite-sized pieces
    1 tablespoon vegetable oil
    2 cups presliced green cabbage
    1/2 cup chopped green onions
    1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
    8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
    8 lime wedges
    Preparation
    Combine first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl. Add fish; toss to coat.

Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add fish; sautê 5 minutes or until fish is done.

Combine cabbage, onions, and sour cream in a medium bowl.

Warm tortillas according to package directions. Spoon about 1/4 cup cabbage mixture down center of each tortilla. Divide fish evenly among tortillas; fold in half. Serve with lime wedges.

Nutritional Information
    Calories:
    327 (26% from fat)
    Fat:
    9.4g (sat 3.3g,mono 1.3g,poly 2.8g)
    Protein:
    26g
    Carbohydrate:
    35.8g
    Fiber:
    4.6g
    Cholesterol:
    98mg
    Iron:
    2.4mg
    Sodium:
    624mg
    Calcium:
    182mg
  • KimR87
    KimR87 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    bump definately think im going to try the beer battered fish and chips
  • AnnaCVeach
    AnnaCVeach Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Bump. Gonna try at least the beer battered fish and chips this weekend!!!
  • KimR87
    KimR87 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Bump. Gonna try at least the beer battered fish and chips this weekend!!!

I was just about to send you the recipe lol :-) I just bought the stuff to do it tomorrow
  • easfahl
    easfahl Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm, the tilapia/asparagus foil packs sound great! I love foil packs!
  • Rozfit
    Rozfit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like to use the Potlatch Seasoning Salmon and Seafood spice rub by William Sonoma. I broil the salmon and pan fry tilapia in ~1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil. VERY TASTY!