Anyone from the UK I need your help

Options
So my boyfriend has been really patient with all the healthy eating, he's from the UK so I asked him what he wants for dinner, he replied - Bangers and Mash! ... so I looked it up and I got the sausage, the potatos. onions, and peas bc I saw a pict that one meal had peas with it. Anyway how do you cook the sausage properly... ideas please help! He's home from work in 3 hours ... :) thanks everyone!!

Replies

• batty5
    batty5 Posts: 193
    Options
    Usually I grill them!
  • bex22mcn
    Options
    I would just grill them until nice and browned all over and serve with the mash and gravy...yum yum!
  • Kiwijay
    Kiwijay Posts: 216
    Options
    grill is best!!! That's so cool, that you are going to make that for him. I hope you have gravy!!!!! Hope he enjoys it
  • kentlass
    kentlass Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    definitely grill them until they're nicely brown...stab them with a fork first to make sure they cook all the way through.
  • krea4
    krea4 Posts: 1,814 Member
    Options
    Best option is probably to grill the sausages. Keep turning them and the fat will drip off them. Another option would be to fry them, a tiny bit of oil to start but they will then start to release their own. To stop the sausages from splitting you can prick the skin with a fork.
    Hope he enjoys it!! :happy:
  • Hovenweep
    Hovenweep Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    As everyone else said grill them. Just stick them in the grill (broiler) of your oven for about 15-20 minutes on a medium setting so they dont burn and turn them every five minutes or so, so they get brown on all sides. Good luck hun.
  • bahrainbel
    Options
    pmsl, i love this post!

next he'll be after toad in the hole ;-)
  • kimzxx
    kimzxx Posts: 21
    Options
    I would grill them... mm bangers and mash.... I hope you have gravy!! :happy:
  • mandalina23
    Options
    Thanks everyone... I have gravy that another friend of ours from England bought at the international store. Going to use that.. I'll let you all know how it turns out!! :)
  • mandalina23
    Options
    pmsl, i love this post!

What is Toad in the hole??? ... We're taking a trip over this coming winter, I can't wait to try the food ... everything accept Black pudding. lol!
  • bahrainbel
    Options
    pmsl, i love this post!

What is Toad in the hole??? ... We're taking a trip over this coming winter, I can't wait to try the food ... everything accept Black pudding. lol!

black pudding is nice in a bacon sanwich ;-)

toad in the hole: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toad_in_the_hole
  • mandalina23
    Options
    that doesn't look bad, but I don't know if they sell that batter her ... we have an english store well international store so they may have that. :)
  • Zuznana
    Zuznana Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    I love black pudding..........so yummy. Now whoever doesn't like it, don't read on....I don't even fry it. I just eat it as it is. And make a black pudding soup. (use to, haven't had one for a very long time). When I was a kid, our friends had pigs and when it was time to slaughter one, we would sleep over and they would cook all day. The best thing about it was the black pudding soup.

Have you ever thought about what is made off? Bon apetit. :laugh:
  • Zuznana
    Zuznana Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    that doesn't look bad, but I don't know if they sell that batter her ... we have an english store well international store so they may have that. :)

it's just flour, egg, milk and seasoning.

And the whole meal is very nice with onion gravy. You fry the onions, sprinkle little bit of flour over it so it thickens and then add stock and vinegar (I use vine or apple vinegar as the white stuff is not that good)
  • RGPargy
    RGPargy Posts: 285 Member
    Options

You could always make your own batter you know! Very easy to do and probably yummier!
  • mandalina23
    Options
    I am so glad I joined fitness pal! hahah I have the best source for good english cooking now! :) - - I may taste the blackpudding when I go over, just to say I did it. haha
  • bahrainbel
    Options
    You have to make your own yorkshire pudding, it's the best.
  • kimzxx
    kimzxx Posts: 21
    Options
    When you come to the UK, have a trip to the Seaside and get some fish and chips too! yummm!
  • fat_beyonce
    fat_beyonce Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    grill the sausages or fry them
  • RGPargy
    RGPargy Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    When you come to the UK, have a trip to the Seaside and get some fish and chips too! yummm!

Oh yes! That's a must-do! You must also try some hot donuts at the seaside too. Yummy scrummy!