Is this a good routine to stick to ?

Options
Hi everyone . I'm trying to stick to a good routine that I know will lead me to results. I'm not looking for a dramatic weight loss but loosing 5 pounds and toning my body for summer would be awesome . As of now I'm trying to go the gym 3-5 days a week. When I go I run on the treadmill for an hour burning around 450 calories. It's a good work out and I always feel tired but great afterwards. My calorie intake right now is about 1200 a day. Weekends around 1400 . I binge like crazy and that's my downfall so I'm trying to stick to a good routine. How's this sound? Do you think I will see a change? I know it will take a while but im willing to commit if I know I'll see results. Thanks for your time I appreciate the help :)

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    You should change up your workout routine every 4-6 weeks to keep your body guessing (burning more cals) You may also want to add in strength training and google HIIT as you can incorporate this into your treadmill routine. If you keep doing the same thing you will hit a plateau and stop seeing improvements.

You should also eat more on the days you workout (1200 plus the calories you burned) to ensure you lose fat and not muscle.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    Try to add some strength training once or twice a week...it really helps with those last few pounds

I like circuit training since it's quick and efficient and P90X strength routines on days were I have more time. You can Google tons of different exercises and pick ones for the main muscle groups (legs, back, shoulder, arms)

Good luck!
  • jclji4
    jclji4 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    You should change up your workout routine every 4-6 weeks to keep your body guessing (burning more cals) You may also want to add in strength training and google HIIT as you can incorporate this into your treadmill routine. If you keep doing the same thing you will hit a plateau and stop seeing improvements.

You should also eat more on the days you workout (1200 plus the calories you burned) to ensure you lose fat and not muscle.

I agree with what he stated....you aren't eating enough on the days you work out.
  • dyte
    dyte Posts: 13
    Options
    To help you reach your goal, add an extra 10 minutes each day to your workout and increase the speed. I am currently doing Insanity in the morning and running at night or taking a class at the gym.
  • katt92
    Options
    this is all great advice ! thanks for being realistic and helpful i appriciate it guys . taking a class at the gym seems fun too ill have to try that =)