Needing ideas for low carb foods

Options
Has anyone got any ideas for low carb foods that i can have for breakfast,lunch and dinner please as im going over on my carbs everyday.

Replies

• AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    bump...I'm WAY over on carbs today!
  • rheahead
    Options
    i've been doing the lo-carb thing for awhile. I really miss potatoes...I made mashed cauliflower and it was pretty good- decent alternative! good luck :)
  • RhondaCS
    Options
    I <3 making protein drinks for breakfast. I use 1 cup of 1% milk, 5 frozen strawberries (or 2/3 cup blueberries, peaches, etc), and 1 heaping TBSP of Nutribiotic Protein powder. '
    On the days that I have a protein drink for breakfast, the day goes much better than on the days that I don't.
    Hope that helps!
    Rhonda
  • brandiyund
    brandiyund Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    honestly, i would worry about if they are sugar carbs (anything white is evil), or fruit/good carbs......and go on how you feel......numbers are numbers....
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    eggs, cottage cheese, cheese, turkey sausage, almonds, peanuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, chicken or turkey (not lunch meat, fresh), romaine lettuce, really most veggies, salmon, lean ground beef, condiments: mustard, balsamic vinegar dressing. V8 is low in carbs (I use low sodium)

Stay away from breads (even whole wheat), pasta (even whole wheat), rice (even brown), flour, sugar, etc. I eat Ezekiel bread (its found in the freezer section and is low in carbs-15 per slice and high in protein) and quinoa (a grain that cooks up similar to couscous or rice). With sandwiches my son and I take whatever we would use on the inside of the sandwich and wrap it in large lettuce leaves instead of using bread. I hope these suggestions help