Does anyone else need to lose 100 pounds?

Options
I'm looking for support on losing 100 pounds. Is there anyone else here with this goal? I'd love to hear your stories.

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    My goal was 120, but I only have 40 to go! Good luck to you
  • ebkins7
    ebkins7 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    I'm here with ya!
  • moonay
    moonay Posts: 30
    Options
    Hi,

I have a goal over 100 pounds. Seems a very daunting task but definately needs to be done!

Good luck with your loss :)
  • adlopez_4
    Options
    how did you do that?? please do tell
  • reillymorgan
    Options
    over 100 :/ and im only 16
  • madijo41
    madijo41 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    There are alot of us out there. You are not alone. I have lost 52 lbs so far with a goal of losing another 58 lbs.
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I had way over 100, but now I'm at 100 to lose :)
  • ArcticValkyrie
    Options
    At the beginning, my goal was also about 120 pounds to lose. I've lost 23 so far and have about 100 to go. It all starts with "the day." That day that you decide that it's really time. Not that you want to jump on the newest fad diet and have all your meals shipped to you, or use some drops under your tongue and starve yourself, or replace all your meals with shakes, but the day that you decide it's time to change the way you eat and your activity level.

It's not always easy. Some days there is temptation at every turn. Some days you'll slip up, but don't let one day get you off track. Take a good look at it, see where you went wrong, and plan a few ways you can avoid it in the future.

My advice is not to make anything "off limits." For me, that always leads to binging on it later. There are some really delicious low calorie ice cream bars out there, there is thin crust pizza, and most restaurants (even fast food) have some items that can be worked into a low calorie diet. Planning ahead is a big key.

The exercising part, for me, is harder than the eating part. You've just got to find something you enjoy, or a partner you really enjoy doing things with. I love to swim, I love weight ligting. I'm not such a fan of the treadmill, but I don't mind the bike as much. And I think I'm getting addicted to Wii Fit.

Small changes can make huge differences.
  • nanberube
    nanberube Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I had 100 to lose this past summer. I am taking it slow and with the support from MFP and my husband, I am doing well.
  • carollane
    carollane Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am 10 pounds shy of needing to loose 100 pounds! But we can do it!!:happy:
  • DoneWithTheFatGirl
    Options
    *Raises hand slowly*

But I've lost almost 18???? lol
  • Knaroz
    Knaroz Posts: 23
    Options
    Believe me, it is doable, just eat right and exercise and use all the support you can
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    I've lost 101 so far. It's not easy, but it is possible. Check out my success story to see how I did it. It's the link in my signature.
  • lbewley3
    lbewley3 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    April 1, 2009....weighed 325 lbs and faced turning 50 in August 2009. Decided it was now or never. Started avoiding simple carbs and high fat foods, trying to stay around 1200-1500 calories a day (although I wasn't tracking my food intake). Also started doing Leslie Sansone 1 mile walk on exercise TV. For the first month, I thought I'd never make it through the mile but it got easier and easier and I started doing the 2 and 3 mile walks. By June 15 2009, had lost 50 pounds. By December 15, 2009, had lost 108 lbs. Then the holidays came and I let my guard down. I never got back on track with the exercise and started getting careless with the food choices too. By September 2010, I was back up 13 lbs, to 230. I knew I had to make a permanent lifestyle change. Started doing the walking videos again and found MyFitnessPal. It's been a real motivation to track calorie intake. I also started spinning classes which have really helped the pounds drop off. I actually lost 3 pounds over the 2 weeks at Christmas 2010! I am currently at 161 and want to lose another 25. I will probably have to use a calorie tracker for the rest of my life. It's too easy to eat an extra 100 calories here and 100 calories there. Do that every day and it adds up - 100 calories a day is 10 lbs a year.
    I feel so much better, both physically and emotionally. And I can't believe how differently I am treated now. With respect instead of contempt. There is a real prejudice against obese people, though people won't admit it.

Don't let the amount you want to lose intimidate you. One pound at a time. You didn't gain it overnight - it will take time, but stick with it and the losses start adding up. You can do it - food is a momentary pleasure, health and confidence last all day every day.
  • 3LittleMonkeys
    3LittleMonkeys Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Yes. I am down 66 pounds and I have about 40 plus to go. I have a goal weight in mind, but that may change closer I get to it.
  • time2runnn
    time2runnn Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    Hello there! Yes, I need to lose that plus more. But you know what, we CAN it do, right?!:smile:
  • celticcat63
    celticcat63 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I do I started in January and have lost 23 pounds total. I have lost 6 since joining MFP and have about 90 to go. I would love to have you add me as a friend on here. It is a great place to get the support you need.
  • blessedwith3boys
    blessedwith3boys Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Thankyou!
  • blessedwith3boys
    blessedwith3boys Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    So far I've lost 3 pounds. How are you all doing? Realistically how long should I give myself to lose this weight? A year? Longer?