My lifting and off day routine. Cheers!!

Options
Started back working out the first week of this January. Also on a 1930 calorie daily intake. Lost 10 pounds in the last 30 days.

I needed a routine that would allow me to get my lifting form back and pay attention to my breathing. Well getting some strength back. I have lost so much strength it was really pissing me off :) New year, new outlook :)

M-W-F
Rest 15-30 secs between sets. Sometimes I will be 10 push-ups between sets <-- only if I can
Light weights at first. Until you get the lifting down pat.

Squat --3 sets of 12-15
Stiff Leg Deadlift --3 sets of 12-15
Seated Calf Raise --2 sets of 20-25
Barbell Bench Press --3 sets of 12-15
Barbell Rows --3 sets of 12-15
Shoulder Press -- 2 sets of 10-12
Standing Alternating Dumbbell Curl-- 2 sets of 10-13 (each arm)
Close grip press behind neck --2 sets of 10-12
Crunches -- 2 sets 15-20 (add as needed)
Lying Floor knee raise -- 2 sets 15-20 (add as needed.

This runs about 30-40 mins (depending on your rest time). You can rest up to 90 secs between sets, but I like to keep my heart rate up.

Off days-- Tuesday- Thursday and Some Saturdays

30 sec jog/sprints
walk back to start
rest 20 secs
30 sec jog/sprints
do this for 30 to 45 minutes
Also, I do 1 sets of 10 push-ups after my jog/sprint and before I walk back to start. I try to do 40-50 push-ups total over the 30-45 mins.
Also, I do 26 lunges on 5 walk backs to equal 130 lunges
I try to do the push-ups then do the lunges
This is working really well for me. I have a wife and a two year old. I cook dinner at night, so this allow me to get my workouts in before 5pm..

I have seen a a major increase in the strength in my legs and back ( my two weak areas) during the last 6 weeks of doing this routine.

Thought I would share and to see if anyone has any advice.

Thanks!!

Mark

Replies

• bam0904
    bam0904 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    looks get! Try adding Russian twist and jumping jacks. They are easy moves, one will help your core, the other will giv eyou more cardio. Or jumping rope would too!
  • strongwxnc
    Options
    Cool. Jumping jacks I could add in easy!
    Thanks!!
  • Newfiedan
    Newfiedan Posts: 1,517 Member
    Options
    try adding in tabatha thursts.
  • strongwxnc
    Options
    Sounds great.
    Learning more about body weight movements. More than I ever knew :)
    I would love to have a good link to some examples of good body weight exercises.
  • syiyi
    syiyi Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I'm going to try this thanks!
  • strongwxnc
    Options
    Sweet.
    I went from doing nothing at all. Beside eating and doing nothing :)
    To this set up.
    I added the off day stuff last week. I think I just about got my legs in shape. Had shin pains last week and now just a small pain in my lower thigh. But, Like I said, It has been a while since I have worked out.