Coconut Water

Options
Hey fellow MFPs, has anyone heard of the benefits, if any from drinking coconut water? I see alot of people drinking it at the gym I'm a member of and also at GNC. Hit me back and let me know!

Replies

• claire0928
    claire0928 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    love it! Tasty more natural gatorade!
  • zacherybinx
    zacherybinx Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Hey fellow MFPs, has anyone heard of the benefits, if any from drinking coconut water? I see alot of people drinking it at the gym I'm a member of and also at GNC. Hit me back and let me know!

Here's a link with some great info on Coconut Water.

http://www.coconutresearchcenter.com/hwnl_4-4.htm
  • kethler25
    Options
    I was just told about it last night. It is full of all the stuff that is great for your body. I'm just going to google it to learn more about it :)
  • kethler25
    Options
    Thanks for the link!
  • darlene98
    darlene98 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
  • jadesign19
    jadesign19 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Funny you should post this today.....I thought I'd educate my kids on what a coconut looks like (not shredded and in a bag). I took the time and cracked the coconut and saved the water. I'd love to hear how to use the water. However, I was dismayed to find out that 3- 2" pieces of coconut was more than 400 calories:huh: It killed my intake for the day.
    -Anyway, my kids learned alot but didn't enjoy the taste - they said it's not sweet. I myself loved it:drinker:
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    Good stuff!! One of the best things you can put in your body as far as a "recovery" drink goes. When it's cooler out, I put it in my water belt to keep me going during long runs.

I like the O.N.E. brand, single serve size.
  • darlene98
    darlene98 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Wow 400 calories!!! :frown:
  • CombatVet_Armywife
    CombatVet_Armywife Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Funny you should post this today.....I thought I'd educate my kids on what a coconut looks like (not shredded and in a bag). I took the time and cracked the coconut and saved the water. I'd love to hear how to use the water. However, I was dismayed to find out that 3- 2" pieces of coconut was more than 400 calories:huh: It killed my intake for the day.
    -Anyway, my kids learned alot but didn't enjoy the taste - they said it's not sweet. I myself loved it:drinker:

Lol we cracked our own too, no one liked it....tasted like soap to us :p

I did just buy coconut milk....find it very tasty.