pork chop recipes anyone?

Options
Does anyone have any ideas for a healthy way to make pork chops?

Replies

• NikkiJ17
    NikkiJ17 Posts: 295
    Options
    I'm interested in this too!!! BUMP
  • ShelleyBowman
    ShelleyBowman Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    ~Marinate in Italian dressing then grill.
  • Wendy72
    Options
    The only way I will eat pork chops now is by buying the thin breakfast pork chop cuts and trim off any visible fat then cook it on med heat with a very small amount of olive oil. I LOVE pork chops but they are not good for us so when I get the craving for them, this is what I do.
    Hope this helps a little bit.
  • Tkhk0514
    Tkhk0514 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    simmer slow cooked with tomato sauce and slice green pepper and onion.
  • HelenTheKitchen
    Options
    Marinate them in Honey Mustard (I make my own 1/4 Cup Dijon Mustard, 1 Tbsp Honey, 1 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar or White Wine Vinegar, and a pinch of pepper) for a couple of hours, turning frequently. Grill them up. DELICIOUS!
  • kimcake
    Options
    I season (seasoning salt or a rub) and broil mine (I would grill if it wasn't so cold, sometimes I use the george forman). Otherwise, you could "oven-fry" them by dipping them in egg and breadcrumbs and baking (not sure if that's totally healthy, but it's yummy). http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Oven-Fried-Pork-Chops/Detail.aspx is one I've used.
  • Enigmatica
    Enigmatica Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Lightly brush with olive oil, coat with some pepper and Mrs Dash or other favorite dried herbs, and bake on a rack at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, maybe longer depending on thickness.
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    a pinch of cinnamon, a pinch of sugar( I use truvia so it doesnt add calories), 1/2 package of onion soup mix 1 1/2 cups of natural apple sauce, 1 medium tart apple. chop up the apple and mix up everything else in with the chopped apple. Brown your pork chops in a skillet (about 5 mins on each side) once pork chops are browned cover with the apple mix and bake on 375 for 30 mins. I know it sounds weird but its really good :)