I wake up soaking wet!

Options
Haha gotcha. Pervs.

No I'm talking about night sweats.. Anybody else get this where they wake up in the middle of the night completely soaked in their own sweat after a day with a good workout? Is this related to fitness in some way?

Replies

• PhoenixFire975
    Options
    I actually had this feeling you were talking about night sweats (not anything nasty). But um....as almost-embarrassed as I am to admit it, I do sweat at night, but not like soaking wet. I will wake up though finding that my clothes are moist, which I find to be sort of weird and kinda gross X(
  • adriayellow11
    Options
    Way to redeem yourself ;) Just kidding. Yes that is similar to what happens although usually it wakes me up b/c my clothes are so sweaty that I'm freezing! Is this healthy?
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I usually only have this happen when i'm sick with the flu or a fever. Are you overheated when you go to bed?
  • Wendy72
    Options
    Yes it happens....female hormones SUCK! lol
    123456654321 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    HIV, menopause,medication,idiopathic hyperhidrosis....
  • adriayellow11
    Options
    No I don't think so. In fact I am usually always cold enough to be bothered by it for a few minutes.
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    I find if I keep my room real cool with lightweight pjs and a warm blanket I don't sweat, but if the temp in my room is 1 degree too high, I wake up all sweaty and have to change...good luck!
  • Snowbunny95
    Snowbunny95 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I've been having this happen for months now! No seemingly known cause or resolution. Thought maybe it was because I hadn't had a BM in awhile, so on my doctor's recommendation, I had some laxative. Felt much better the next day but still soaked the sheets that night.

I've tried every combination of clothes and no clothes, but still wake up sweating! The only thing I know is I go to bed cold and shivering then wake up shivering and soaked.

Glad it doesn't disgust my husband!
  • j3nic3
    j3nic3 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Same thing happens to me. Its annoying when I dye my hair red and I wake up with the damn pillow case all spotted in red cuz my head sweat too much! >:-(
  • JJs25th
    JJs25th Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    They are usually associated with perimenepausal hormone shifts, I have not heard of trhem being assoicated with fitness. But i suppose anything that changes your homone levels could bring them on. And they are really annoying. I started having them in my early thirties and I am still having them. I have bought special PJs that dry quickly, and I sleep with a large bath towel within reach so I can spread it out and lay back down. (Can't see waking DH every night to change sheets.) I also use waterproof covers on my mattress and pillow.
  • loupammac
    loupammac Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend has a similar problem, although he is only damp. He overheats and freezes very easily, so once the room is at a perfect temperature, he'll sleep soundly. It doesn't bother me as I like the room at the same temperature :) Haha! I'd have another chat to your doctor. Perhaps you could try wearing a larger size (for comfort) of clothes with moisture wicking that are quick drying? Double check all your blankets and make sure they aren't too heavy for your climate. I hate waking up when I'm overheating. I'd have another chat with your doctor as well.
  • adriayellow11
    Options
    They are usually associated with perimenepausal hormone shifts, I have not heard of trhem being assoicated with fitness. But i suppose anything that changes your homone levels could bring them on. And they are really annoying. I started having them in my early thirties and I am still having them. I have bought special PJs that dry quickly, and I sleep with a large bath towel within reach so I can spread it out and lay back down. (Can't see waking DH every night to change sheets.) I also use waterproof covers on my mattress and pillow.

Okay the menopause talk is scaring me. One theory I had heard from my tri-athlete friend/massage therapist is that it has something to do with an efficient cooling system or good cardiovascular health. No? Anyone?
  • kmeekhof
    kmeekhof Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Okay the menopause talk is scaring me. One theory I had heard from my tri-athlete friend/massage therapist is that it has something to do with an efficient cooling system or good cardiovascular health. No? Anyone?
    [/quote]

never heard of this in my years of studying exercise physiology.
    What kind of sheets/blankets do you use? What temp do you keep your bedroom at night?
  • KateHumphrey
    Options
    I've been having the same problem since I started exercising daily! What's strange to me is that I don't sweat much during my workout at all, even thouggh I really push myself! I've found that leaving the bottoms of my feet exposed helps a little. I stimll sweat, but not as heavily...
  • PhoenixFire975
    Options

I've never heard of that, but the perimenepausal hormone shift I have heard. Basically, my mom had the same problem (night sweats, mood swings, etc...) starting in her mid-30s and it's not like you are actually going through menopause, your body is just preparing you for it. It can start happening around your early thirties (and I see that you are 31) so that might be your best guess at what is happening.
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I got them intermittently for a while last year. I went to doc and got some blood tests done to be safe but they couldn't pin it to anything. Now have stopped? weird.
  • sauza
    sauza Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Ahhh, with age comes wisdom (if we are blessed :) ), I would only consider contemplating this is it were a repeated occurrence with negative side effects. With the way you push yourself (plus wedding coming up on top of it), I would imagine your body will be doing some interesting 'stuff' over the next few weeks.
    Over the years, my little body has certainly "spoken up" in so many ways for short periods of time - including waking up sweating - I was dreaming of running when it happened to me, repeatedly when I was training. I didn't remember the dream the first couple of times it happened.
    A friend (at trainer) who is a genius when it comes to body chemistry said his female clients throw themselves into a kind of menopausal state when they train really really hard.
  • jennifermoore333
    Options
    Used to happen to me when I was rowing college crew. Never happened before. I was getting in unbelievable shape and would wake up nightly soaked in sweat. Definitely a cardiovascular reason. It stopped /lessened after a few months even though I continued rowing, once my body acclimated to the training.
  • BonnieandClyde29
    BonnieandClyde29 Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    That's hot lol
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    I just want this to show up on my newsfeed. kthnx.