What do you think/know about this?

Options
So...this woman I work with told me about this diet. It's called HGC. She said it's these drops accompanied by a 500 calorie diet a day. That sounds crazy to me! Anyway she lost 25lbs in four weeks. She wants to do it again. She also told me she lost 75lbs with Phenterime. Has anyone tried the diet or the pills? She seems to be a to yoyo dieter. Losing, then gaining it back.... Not healthy.

Replies

• jenX1174
    jenX1174 Posts: 154
    Options
    Anything that cannot be sustained life-long is not healthy. Sure, you can take a pill, lose some weight --very fast, but once you stop it comes right back....and then some! Most "fad" diets and pills are only meant to be short-term because they aren't healthy over a long period of time.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I'm sure the HCG diet worked for her, HOWEVER, when you stop that diet, you're going to put it back on. You can't maintain that diet forever, therefore, IMO, it's unsuccessful in the long run.You need to eat healthy, eat smaller portions & exercise. THAT is how you change your lifestyle, lose weight & keep it off.
  • PhoenixFire975
    Options
    Definately not good for you if you only eat 500 cals a day. 1200 is the absolute min.!!!!! and even this amount is extremely low. Not to mention, if you have to use artificial substances to try to lose large amounts of weight, it is soo not worth it because you can end up hurting yourself and damaging your body.
  • ShelleyBowman
    ShelleyBowman Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    It sounds like it is effective for her, as a "diet'. in my opinion, that's the biggest misunderstanding about losing weight. True, going on any number of diets will help you lose weight. But in all reality, isn't our goal to not only lose weight but to keep that weight lost? IF that is the case, then a "diet" will NOT work. In order to be successful, one must change their eating habits by making educated, healthier decisions, portion control and some type of activity that keeps you moving. I personally am not a big fan of exercise. I could give you a zillion excuses but the fact is, I just don't like it and can't commit. My solution: a couple of friends and I do a different program every few weeks. Examples: 6 weeks of belly dancing class once a week, 4 weeks of water aerobics once a week, roller skating 1-2x a week, Zumba when there's nothing else schedule. I do enjoy walking so I do this in conjunction with my "fun" stuff. I average 1.5-3 miles a day. Either way you choose, if you decide to follow a regime that includes some sort of medication, you really should consult your doctor. Best of luck to you!
  • edorice
    edorice Posts: 4,519 Member
    Options
    By Summer she will be 50 pounds heavier and weak.
  • nsueflorence
    nsueflorence Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    If you want to get healthy stay away from "fad diets".
  • shalynna89
    shalynna89 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    I say DON'T DO HCG!! Anyone that only eats 500-700 calories a day will lose that much even with out the HCG. 1200 is what everyone says the minimum caloric intake should be. I have done phentremine. But you do have to change your eating habits and exercise. The one I was on was a prescribtion to, so I had my doctor monitoring me. I found out I was pregnant on it, so I had to quit. Being pregnant I gained weight, but I didn't until I was about 6 &1/2 months. The reason why I am now the size i am is because I didnt keep my eating habits after my pregnancy. No matter what you do you have to change your eating and exercise habits. They will help you at first but if you don't change those, you'll gaining it all back.