Desert Recipes?

Options
I love sweets but it seems like even the "healthy" deserts are really bad for me. Does Anyone have ideas or recipes for healthy sweets?

Replies

• harley0269
    harley0269 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    dip your strawberries or banans in hersheys special dark chocolate syrup!! (2 TBSP is only 90 cal) yummy ... splurging healthy style :wink:
  • NikkiJ17
    NikkiJ17 Posts: 295
    Options
    Mixed fruit, fat free/sugar free instant vanilla pudding, and walnuts or pecans. Mix together & enjoy. It helps me get my fruit in and gives me a sweet fix. You can literally use any fruits you want. I've used canned and fresh and it's great with both.
  • marissa19
    Options
    check out the" Frozen Peanut Butter cups" from the recipes section, its looks super yummy. I crave something sweet after dinner sometimes and those look great and low calorie!!
  • harley0269
    harley0269 Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    oh ya, drained canned fruit cocktail (in lite syrup) mixed with fat free whip cream is sweet & yummy too!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I try eating healthy foods as dessert...

I like to bake a banana for about 15 minutes drizzled with agave nectar and sprinkled with raw coconut

I like to eat cottage cheese with sugar free strawberry glaze, tastes like strawberry shortcake

Almond butter mixed with some greek yogurt
  • CuteMommy88
    CuteMommy88 Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    This is a hungry girl recipe and its awesome :happy:

Short 'n Sweet!
    Strawberries + pound cake + ice cream = good times. Add a little whipped cream and strawberry sauce, and you have a head-explodingly-good dessert. Check it out (and no, your cranium will not actually blow up... so no worries, people).

Ingredients:
    1 shortcake dessert shell (like a Hostess Shortcake Dessert Cup)
    1/3 cup sliced strawberries
    1/3 cup Breyers Double Churn Free fat-free ice cream, Creamy Vanilla
    2 tbsp. Fat Free Reddi-wip
    1 tbsp. Smucker's Sugar Free Strawberry Preserves

Directions:
    Mix the preserves with 1/2 tbsp. of hot water to make a strawberry sauce, and then set aside. Place about one-third of the sliced strawberries in the center of the shortcake. Top with the ice cream. Then, place another third of the strawberries on top of the ice cream (or if you want to be all fancy, press them into the ice cream). Drizzle the strawberry syrup over the top. Then squirt your dessert with the Reddi-wip, and top with the remaining strawberries (again, feel free to be fancy and place them prettily around the whipped topping). Enjoy! MAKES 1 SERVING

Serving Size: 1 shortcake with ice cream (entire recipe)
    Calories: 190
    Fat: 2g
    Sodium: 180mg
    Carbs: 42g
    Fiber: 3g
    Sugars: 22g
    Protein: 4g
  • oliviawink
    oliviawink Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I love brown rice cakes with 1/2 T peanut butter and a small amount (prob less than 1/2 T) Hershey's Special dark Syrup drizzled on top. It's like a healthy peanut butter cup
  • rodegghero
    rodegghero Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    for me, I just have smaller amounts of real desert with real sugar. I love dark chocolate and little bit helps. I ate chocolate everyday and lost 80 pounds. No fake stuff or only fruit for me. But I like sweets and know the real thing, there's no foolin my sweet tooth
  • oliviawink
    oliviawink Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    check out the" Frozen Peanut Butter cups" from the recipes section, its looks super yummy. I crave something sweet after dinner sometimes and those look great and low calorie!!

I was looking for this but can't find it. Can you give more specifics on where this is in the recipes board? I'm dying to check this out!
    Nevermind, just found it. Guess I wasn't looking hard enough :happy:
  • demone00
    demone00 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    sherbet... I love FoodLion's pineapple flavor... not as many calories as reg ice cream

microwave or bake canned peaches w/lil syrup and add cinnamon and a drop of vanilla flavoring and or sprinkle a pinch of brown sugar