I've been here since January - new to Boards

Options
I joined the site around 1/1/2011, but haven't taken the time to check out the boards. In just the past half hour I have realized there is a lot of good information shared here. I hope to spend more time checking out the message board and blogs.

I'm 37 with 2 girls, 2 and 4 years old. I've gone through a lot of changes over the years. Lost weight during both pregnancies and told myself I was going to do what I could to lose more after the girls were each born - never did. Between the oldest and youngest I gained the 40 pounds back that I had lost post pregnancy. After my 2nd, gained 50 pounds to hit my all time high. I managed to maintain that weight for 2 years.

I finally looked at my girls and said I don't want to be a mom who sits and watches - I want to be a hands on mommy, I want to run around the parks during warm days, jump around, swing, and just have all out fun with them. The time is here, the time is NOW for me. The first couple weeks were shaky, but the past month, I have really started paying strict attention to foods - I read labels at the store. I do allow some "snack foods", but I choose the healthier alternatives now. And you know what - a lot of those are actually tastier too. I found some Wal Mart brand Mozzarella & sun dried tomato crackers yesterday, portioned them out last night and had a bag of 1 serving today (glad I was at work) they were so good I wanted more. They were 10 times better than potato chips, and I'm betting a LOT less calories and carbs too.

Replies

• luv2ash
    luv2ash Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    welcome!!! Good luck on your Journey!!!!
  • Angielynn2thin
    Options
    awesome choice to change your life, im doing the same. Im 27, with an almost 4 year old, and I also wanted to be one of those 'hands on' and fun active moms/people. i started jan 5th. the day after my birthday. I haven't really checked the boards out much here either, but your right, lots of little pieces of knowledge mixed into them... I get a 10$ /mo. membership to golds gym through work, and for 3 years, put it off- because i didnt want to be one of those ppl who paid and paid and paid and never went. Since I have started going, I have gotten more and more people to start using their memberships! its nice to motivate others, feels good. Gosh, I have a long road ahead of me though! was at 284, down to 259 now.. going to the gym @ 7am, yay! (its nice that I now look forward to it? ) :) Nice to meet ya , Im Angela by the way.....