HELP ME

Options
woke up at 8.. ate well all day... 259 breakfast.. snacks... lunch ..dinner.... after dinner snack... total was about 1200 calories.. but around 8-1 i get STARVED .. i had another almost 500 caloroes because i felt STARVING after dinner..

this happens everynight.. i dont mind eating healthy but i get SO hunry i need a TON of food to feel full..

i didnt work out at all today..

the last 2 hrs just sabotaged my entire day of eating.. HELP

Replies

• ashleyj4321
    Options
    I get like that too. Eat dinner later it helps me. I work until 9 2 nights a week so I eat when I get home, and then I'm satisfied. Also fill up on more protein like cottage cheese and meat. I always feel more full then. Good luck!!! I feel your pain. It's hard
  • BOGmama2010
    BOGmama2010 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    this is really a case where Shakeology has helped me. It's so filling and only 140 calories. The chocolate takes care of my need for any dessert.
  • KourtneyLee
    KourtneyLee Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    woke up at 8.. ate well all day... 259 breakfast.. snacks... lunch ..dinner.... after dinner snack... total was about 1200 calories.. but around 8-1 i get STARVED .. i had another almost 500 caloroes because i felt STARVING after dinner..

this happens everynight.. i dont mind eating healthy but i get SO hunry i need a TON of food to feel full..

i didnt work out at all today..

the last 2 hrs just sabotaged my entire day of eating.. HELP

First of all, you really shouldn't be eating after 8pm in the evening. If you are really feeling hungry, make sure to stock your fridge and/or pantry with foods that will fill you up but don't wreck your whole day of calorie-counting. Foods like whole-grains, light yogurts, fresh fruits and veggies, oatmeal, and lean meats and fiber-rich foods will help curb your hunger for a longer period of time. An extra bonus of high water content foods like fresh fruits and veggies is that eating them will get rid of belly bloat while filling you up. A great snack I like to have is a cut-up banana or apple mixed in with all natural peanut butter. Do not think your average JIF is good for you-it contains a lot of sugar. And while the natural peanut butter will contain fat, it's good fat. (you need about 9 grams of it per day). Also, drink plenty of water and make sure you're getting plenty of sleep. Hope this helps!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 4,997 Member
    Options
    I find that eating popcorn and apples after dinner really help. because you can eat quite a bit without alot of calories. It feels me up and I feel satisfied because you have to do alot of chewing. I hope this helps
  • doriday
    doriday Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I looked at your food Diary (hope you don't mind) I wonder what your sugar count would be, you might want to track that. Lots of foods have that hidden sugar not to mention the foods that we know have sugar....it adds up really fast. I am a sugarholic, and eating too much sugar makes me crave more eating. Too much sugar just turns into fat. It also looks like you did not eat too much for dinner, which may be why you soon get hungry. Maybe try eating a good protein at dinner time so you feel more full and satisfied. Also, drinking some water might help you also feel more full. Have some soon after dinner before you feel hungry. Hope some of these ideas are helpful for you...Remember, tomorrow is a new day:smile:
  • nsueflorence
    nsueflorence Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Your dinner was very light. Try to eat more protein at dinner to help stay full.
  • Jodie_Wilson9
    Options
    Just don't give up. My last two days have been terrible. I've eaten more junk than usual and haven't had time to truly workout at all. :( Definitely look for more protein and fiber to fill you up. Try drinking warm tea or warm water or milk. If you're body temperature is up, you tend to be less hungry. Just like after a high intensity workout where you're sweating and you're burning up as opposed to a slow, steady workout that's less intensive and your body temperature barely rises. A person tends to be less hungry after working hard than if he/she barely broke a sweat. That might work, to suppress your appetite. Try filling up on good fruits and veggies loaded with water and fiber. When you feel like you're getting hungry and you know you shouldn't be (like if you didn't really workout yet and you know your body doesn't really need the fuel to function efficiently -- never deprive yourself of course, especially if you did workout intensely or you're planning a hardcore workout), try to distract yourself with exercise or a book or some other task and if you're still hungry after about 15 or 20 minutes, then maybe grab a healthy snack to see if that satiates you. I get like this sometimes and these are things I've tried that have worked pretty well. Sometimes I just get bored, or I'll eat to stay awake because I have to get something done. Bad habits. lol Good luck, and remember to hang in there. We're all pulling for you!
  • garedds
    garedds Posts: 251
    Options
    This has been me all week! It's been awful. Today was much better and hopefully I ma getting back on track. I found 100 calorie popcorn and it super filled me up tonight.