NSV+ :0)

Options
Despite not having slept more than 7 hours total over the last 3 nights, I'm in a super chipper, excited mood :) I've been busting my butt, working really hard to meet some goals. My first goal is to reach 500 miles (either on treadmill, elliptical, bike, or whatever gym equipment will track mileage) before my husband comes home from Afghanistan in July/August, and to drop from 199 to 135ish by the time he gets home.

My scale victory-- my last official weigh in was 177, so I'm 22 pounds down, and that's a little over a third of my original goal!

My NSVs!? Let's see.. I'm over 25% complete on my 500 mile goal (I've completed 147 out of 500 miles, and still have about 5 months to reach the 500 mile mark). I took a photo of myself today wearing a pair of brand new Levi's I got for Christmas (that were too small when gifted), and when I sent the photo of myself holding out the excess material on each leg it got a response from my husband of "OH *kitten*!" which means he was happily surprised. Also, one of the most exciting, is that I'm noticing inch loss and verified it. About a month ago I had a day at the spa as a bday gift from the hubby, and I had a body contour wrap done, which is a natural body detox and helps tighten skin & does inch loss. They measured me, and I just did a couple of measurements myself and compared them to those of just one month ago, and I've lost a couple of inches off of my thighs, about 3 inches off of my waist, and most excitable to me, about FIVE INCHES off of my stomach :) I'm ecstatic.

So how am I celebrating this victory, you ask? Well, I'm getting a hair cut (I probably get 1-2 a year, maybe so its a treat), a new pair of boots this weekend, and I'm planning a weekend trip to Houston for a girls night out at the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo :)

Replies

• TahsiaFriedman
    Options
    Awesome!!!! Keep it up!
  • AsaThorsWoman
    AsaThorsWoman Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Be careful in Houston... that place is dangerous. Take some guys with you.
  • spacecase76
    spacecase76 Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    great job!!
  • Losing2Live69
    Losing2Live69 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    My son is in the 101st Airborne and is coming home from Afghanistan in July/ August too! He surprised the heck out of me Tuesday...walked into my mom's house and yell...."what's up mama"? He's home for his mid-deployment R & R!! He has been telling me for months he got denied and wasn't going to be able to come home....boy did he surprise me! I wish you luck on your weight loss...I am just starting. I have a long way to go.
  • cmrich0511
    Options
    Thanks ya'll :)

@ AsaThorsWoman- thanks for the advice, but I grew up down there so I'm not too worried about Houston. I don't go to the crappy parts of town, so I'm good lol.

@ ahcoble- Yay for R&R! My husband was just home in December/January. He surprised the me & our two kids by showing up 2 days before Christmas. He somehow managed to lie to me for the 3 weeks leading up to his arrival home, telling me he wasn't going to be home until mid-January. Those surprises are always the best!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!