Pain when jogging

Options
New shoes feel great (Got the New Balance 400s Wide width), but still having some weird pain when trying to run. It's on like the outer edge of my right foot and goes up into my ankle the longer I jog. On the elliptical it's fine (unless I've tried jogging first, then it just hurts). I don't know what's going on. My left foot/leg feel fine. Looks like I'll just be sticking to the elliptical until I am not as heavy and running doesn't hurt.

Replies

• NykoleMazzola
    Options
    i get that same pain
  • mtngoddess
    mtngoddess Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You may have a stress fracture in your foot. You should have it looked at soon.
  • 702GRACECITY
    Options
    Are you doing Streches BEFORE you Jog and doing a Walk (a cool down) AFTER your done Jogging???
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I did do a few stretches, but not many. I did do a 5 minute warm up walk (I want to do the C25K program)...stopped about 15 minutes in.

I just wonder why it's just that one foot, and doesn't bother me at all during regular walking etc...only when I'm jogging (and I'm not jogging fast at all).
  • Errrrka
    Options
    I was having the same problem. I did some research on stretching, and that did a world of good. STRETCHING IS AWESOME. I don't have pain anymore.
  • poisongirl6485
    Options
    I will have to try stretching first. Any advice on which stretches I should be doing? I'm brand new to this running thing.
  • Errrrka
    Options
    Calf stretches and quad stretches for sure.
    One calf stretch I like: standing, then bend over (like a horsey!) and place palms flat on ground. Inch your hands closer to feet, don't lock knees, hold for 20-30 seconds. I sometimes do this stretch again after running.
    One easy quad stretch is just standing, fold one leg up to reach your butt, and grab your foot. Hold for 20-30, then switch.
    ALSO, really helpful (if you have access to the gym) is to do some circuit weight lifting to strengthen quads and calves.
    I'm not just gabbing. I do all this stuff. It's helped me tremendously.
  • poisongirl6485
    Options
    Thank you so much, I will try those and see if it helps. It's just so bizarre it's just that one foot.

And it's still like 'tingling" and I have been off the treadmill for 45 minutes.