steroids

Options
K I have serious allergies/asthma the oly thing that helps when it gets this bad is steroids(prednisone). I went to the doc last week he noticed that I had lost 13 pounds and was tickled half out his gourd buuuuuuuuuuuuut. He don't want to give me steroids because that junk puts weight on ya he said all the work I've put into losing this weight will be flushed down the drain with one weeks worth of medicine. Soooo I am miserable and seriously thinking bout asking him for some stupid steriods just so I can breath good.

(insert cybar scream here).

Replies

• cecilsmom
    Options
    K I have serious allergies/asthma the oly thing that helps when it gets this bad is steroids(prednisone). I went to the doc last week he noticed that I had lost 13 pounds and was tickled half out his gourd buuuuuuuuuuuuut. He don't want to give me steroids because that junk puts weight on ya he said all the work I've put into losing this weight will be flushed down the drain with one weeks worth of medicine. Soooo I am miserable and seriously thinking bout asking him for some stupid steriods just so I can breath good.

(insert cybar scream here).
  • AJCM
    AJCM Posts: 2,169 Member
    Options
    So sorry to hear all about this... I am familiar with inflammation / steroids / the whole thing...

You are doing so well with the weight loss, maybe go with the doctor and avoid the oral/injectable steroids as long as possible? Does an inhaled steroid help? Those don't contriubute to weight gain. Just a thought.

Great work on the 13 lbs!!! And hope you are feeling well soon.
    :flowerforyou:
  • girldeese
    Options
    I know this sounds crazy, but go to the chiropractor! They can teach you techniques to end your allergies using pressure points....I am not kidding! It works!:smile:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Honey, from one asthmatic to another -- it's not a tough call. YOU MUST BE ABLE TO BREATH. :ohwell: In order to do this, you are gonna need steroids right now. I'm so sorry, I know that sucks.

But the good news is that you won't have to be on steroids forever, and you can drop that weight again. You may not even gain as much as you are worried about since you are here and aware of foods and logging your foods.

Sweetie, you've gotta breath. Take the steroids and enjoy those deep breaths.:heart: