Acai Berry- Any good?

Options
Any one tried the Acai Berry supplements? Are they any good? x x x

Replies

• lushy20
    lushy20 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    i tried them the first time i tried to lose weight and lost 14lbs the first week, im guessing alot of that is water weight.
    dont think they really work tho. but if you believe that when you are taking them that its helping you lose weight i dont think thats a bad thing. placebo effect
  • mrs_km
    mrs_km Posts: 46
    Options
    i tried them the first time i tried to lose weight and lost 14lbs the first week, im guessing alot of that is water weight.
    dont think they really work tho. but if you believe that when you are taking them that its helping you lose weight i dont think thats a bad thing. placebo effect

Did it help keep the weight off? I'm not too sure what I think of it at the moment. Want to get people experience's before thinking about trying it myself Lool. x x x
  • BakingGranny
    BakingGranny Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I tried them and NO they didn't work. And the few lbs I did lose I gained back and more when I quit.
  • WhiteStar2351
    Options
    TOTAL waste of money - wild growing raspberries in the UK have more 'anti oxidants' then Acai Berries - they're just one of the latest health fads.

If you ever see a product touted as 'anti oxidant super food' all it means is that it is higher then average in Vitamins A, C, E and Selenium - all of which you will get adequate amounts of in a healthy balanced diet.

Acai berries actually grow like weeds in the countries they come from and have never been used as 'ancient herbal remedies' as claimed by a number of companies. A journalist wanted to write a story on their historic use and got laughed at by a number of natives when he told them about the obsession with them in the West.

Don't waste your money!
  • mrs_km
    mrs_km Posts: 46
    Options
    TOTAL waste of money - wild growing raspberries in the UK have more 'anti oxidants' then Acai Berries - they're just one of the latest health fads.

If you ever see a product touted as 'anti oxidant super food' all it means is that it is higher then average in Vitamins A, C, E and Selenium - all of which you will get adequate amounts of in a healthy balanced diet.

Acai berries actually grow like weeds in the countries they come from and have never been used as 'ancient herbal remedies' as claimed by a number of companies. A journalist wanted to write a story on their historic use and got laughed at by a number of natives when he told them about the obsession with them in the West.

Don't waste your money!

Thank you!! I think I'll pass. Glad I asked before I wasted my money. xx x x
  • Robyn1733
    Options
    If you want a great product try Advocare. If you would like more information please send me a message and I can help direct you. Its wonderful and keeps you loosing weight.