does anyone use bodybugg or something like it?

Options
I am trying to decide between a go wear fit and a HRM. If you use a bodybugg, GWF, or something like it how obvious is it that it is on? I work in a professional office (IE dressed up) and I didnt know how "bad" it looks

Replies

• princesslmc2
    princesslmc2 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Bump. I ordered my BodyBug this week, and it should arrive next Wednesday. I'm curious to see how others like it too.

P.S. Chalene Johnson's (TurboJam and TurboFire instructor/creator) website offers a code for a $15/off discount!!

http://www.turbokick.com/index.php?content=Article_CaloriesBurnedinTK
  • my8kidsmom
    my8kidsmom Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    It isn't obvious under a long sleeve shirt but it does leave a bump. Most short sleeve shirts have long enough sleeves that it can still be covered.
  • juldga
    juldga Posts: 119
    Options
    So does anyone who uses on regularly think it is worth it?
  • tmaksparkie
    Options
    I have one and use it everyday. I love my BUGG! It keeps me accountable and moving and it nice to be able to know what you burn during exercise because for me the machines are way off.
  • sweetiev
    Options
    I just recently purchased a Fitbit, similar to the bodybugg and I love it. The website tracks everything and the fact that it syncs itself with your computer when you are near the base. The most interesting thing for me is the sleep tracker. I did not realize how interrupted my sleep was. I would recommend this to anybody, and all you do is clip it to your bra very unnoticeable.
    Hope this helps!
  • girliegirl1822
    girliegirl1822 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    bump
  • tmaksparkie
    Options
    I am trying to decide between a go wear fit and a HRM. If you use a bodybugg, GWF, or something like it how obvious is it that it is on? I work in a professional office (IE dressed up) and I didnt know how "bad" it looks
    [/quot

I have the bodybugg but I would personally go with the bodymedia one I would if I did not have one they are by the same company but that one has an app for you mobil device and links by Bluetooth, so cool I might just have to sell mine and get a new one.
  • debbysbeads
    Options
    I've been using the Body Media one that you see on the Jenny Craig commercials. You can get it at Costco or Best Buy. I started using it more than a month ago and it was just what I needed! I love it! You still enter your food, like you do on MFP. MFP food entry is much more user friendly than Body Media. You can't always find things. Once you set up your goals, it is very easy to see what you need to do to lose a pound or pound and a half each week. Seeing the effectiveness of your sleep is so interesting. It counts your steps and measures your excercise. It does the math for you so you know exactly how many calories you burned, how many you ate and what your deficit is. It tells you if you are on a gaining trend or losing trend for that day so you can correct it with more excercise before you go to bed if you need to. The reports are very nice to see a week (or what ever) at a glance.
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I just got my BodyMedia Fit 2 days ago and I love it so far. You don't have to log all your food though, there is an option for a "daily estimate" you can just put the number of calories MFP gives you in that spot at the end of the day. I love it though! I hated that with MFP I was just guessing how many calories I burn on a daily basis and now I know.
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    I just got the Body Media. It is kind of amazing. At first I didn't think it gave much feedback but then I saw these down arrows on the activity manager and whoa - there's all these charts of steps, calories per minute and how much I am sleeping. It reports way less calorie burn per minute than I get with the numbers on the machines or my heart rate monitor :-( However I burned a total of 2900 calories yesterday and that was with 45 minutes of Zumba and then a few hours of grocery shopping and cooking last night.

Also I am not sure what it takes to get to their "vigorous exercise" My average heart rate in Zumba was 141 but out of the 45 minutes only 17 were vigorous. Geez!

Also I have the bluetooth version and an iphone and it is not always synced. I haven't totally figured out how to best work with that. After purchasing it I saw on their website how this is emerging technology and bound to have flaws ARGH So I would say at this point it is best to get a cheaper model or if you are going to wait a while maybe the BT tech will be more reliable with then.

As for how it looks, it does show under a tight fitting sleeve, but in the winter it is easy to cover with looser blouses or sweaters. I think in the summer if you wear a short sleeve shirt or sweater that is loose in the sleeve as opposed to skin tight it probably wouldn't show too much.
  • healthyjen342
    healthyjen342 Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    with body bugg isn't there some sort of monthly subscription associated with it?
    I went with Polar HRM. I only use it for when I excercise.
  • missxlaur
    Options
    I'm thinking about getting the Mio Motiva Petite Pink hrm. Is it pretty easy to use? Do you just track how many calories you've burned during exercise and put that into the calories burned section when you log exercise? How does one factor in calories but in total for the day? Just from everyday movement? I don't really need to keep track of my calorie intake all day (as I'm generally pretty good about only eating my allowed 1200 calories) but I would like for my workouts to be more accurately tracked...
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    If you don't do the online subscription can you still get your reports on your computer or phone? It says the first 12 months are free, but how much is online membership after that - and is it worth it if all we want is the data from the monitor? Doesn't make sense to pay for something we're not using fully.
  • missxlaur
    Options
    If you don't do the online subscription can you still get your reports on your computer or phone? It says the first 12 months are free, but how much is online membership after that - and is it worth it if all we want is the data from the monitor? Doesn't make sense to pay for something we're not using fully.

which HRM is this for? the Mio or the others that have been discussed?
  • debbysbeads
    Options
    Hey Skinny - great idea to use the "daily estimate" based on the MFP calories! I hadn't thought to do that!

Thanks!!!
  • LadyBarb
    LadyBarb Posts: 116
    Options
    I have the bodymedia as well. I love it and I I have custom made decals as well.
  • iamhealingmyself
    iamhealingmyself Posts: 579 Member
    Options

which HRM is this for? the Mio or the others that have been discussed?
    Probably the bodybugg - I forget which one I looked at when I wrote my OP. The point applies for any of them though. I don't want to pay an online subscription just to get the data that the unit collects. I don't need another place to track food, and I don't need more forums etc. so that subscription to website for me would be a waste of money. For others who maybe don't use MFP or any other online tools, it might be useful. For me, it just seems a little redundant and pointless.