When is the best time to weigh yourself?

Options
morning ?
evening?

ive got some acurrate digital scales

and some days they can be as much as 5llbs difference ! usually just a llb here and there

usually heavier at night than in the day!

Help

Replies

• punkinbeanie
    Options
    Morning, befor you eat!
  • Adsnwfld
    Adsnwfld Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    first thing in the morning, after the washroom and before eating
  • amber8704
    Options
    I have always heard to weigh yourself at the same time of the day. I usually do in the morning before I eat and as long as you are doing it at the same time everyday you would get the most accurate reading. You should stick to one or the other because in the evening you have already ate all day and naturally would be a little heavier. I like the feeling of being the lightest in the mornings. :)
  • cerysrhi
    cerysrhi Posts: 262
    Options
    morning after toilet no clothes x
  • Star1ing_Dar1ing
    Options
    I cant help weigh myself morning noon and night ..

I prefer to acknowledge the morning weigh - in though , usually means i weigh less : D
  • Star1ing_Dar1ing
    Options
    I cant help weigh myself morning noon and night ..

I prefer to acknowledge the morning weigh - in though , usually means i weigh less : D
  • 6Pk2Go
    6Pk2Go Posts: 105
    Options
    Generally morning before you eat. Sometimes, if I eat something particularly high in sodium or carbs during dinner the night before though that will not be the case due to water retention.
  • csquaredsmom
    Options
    Morning...first thing without clothes.
  • OLP76
    OLP76 Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I personally weigh in - first thing when I wake up...I go to the washroom - get naked and weight myself...

So far so good :)
  • dougr
    dougr Posts: 2
    Options
    Most people would agree that morning is when you will weigh least but it does depend on your body cycle and when your eating times are. For example I usually weigh about 1 - 2 lbs more when I get up than at 11 - midday so it does not hold true for me. The best thing is to weigh yourself at regular intervals for one day, decide what you are happiest and stick with it. The most important thing is to always weigh yourself at approximately the same time of day that way you will get a more accurate picture.
  • octopusami
    octopusami Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I work at a hospital so I way myself in the morning when I get to work. This means I run three miles and eat a little before I weigh in but I have been pretty consistant. I have a scale at home but it puts me 5 lbs under what I get a work and I think my work one is more accurate.
  • ukheather
    ukheather Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    In the morning, at the same time, before you eat
  • Sez1983
    Options
    I understand that weighing yourself before breakfast makes you lighter and as some have said 'gives you a more accurate figure' but i don't see the logic. You are going to be eating throughout the day and putting on a few pounds here and there (especially if you don't just stick to celery :wink: ). I weigh myself after eating breakfast coz in my head i tell myself that "if i were to be picked up, i would be this weight - until i eat lunch anyway." I generally also have my PJs on when i weigh myself.
  • Frappuzzino
    Frappuzzino Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself after I eat in the morning, because I want to see how much I weigh WITH food in my system, otherwise what's the point? :)
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    morning, after the toilet and before eating, otherwise youre weighing the food youve eaten, not what your body weighs
  • RMinVA
    RMinVA Posts: 1,085 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning, after you take care of business, butt naked, before you eat or drink anything.
  • rvice2
    rvice2 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter if you weigh in the morning or at night, but each week weigh yourself on the same day and same time. I always weigh on Sunday mornings.
  • mandypizzle
    mandypizzle Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter when, just make sure whatever time you choose, you weigh yourself at the same time each time you weigh in. I prefer the mornings right after I wake up and I try to wear the same thing each time.
  • kwardklinck
    kwardklinck Posts: 1,601
    Options
    I usually weigh in the morning after a day's break from exercise.
  • thankyou4thevenom
    thankyou4thevenom Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    It doesn't matter if you weigh in the morning or at night, but each week weigh yourself on the same day and same time. I always weigh on Sunday mornings.

But it does matter. If you weigh yourself even at the same time of night you still have the weight of the food you've eaten/liquids you've drunk in your system. And that will vary from day to day, which will therefore make the weight vary as well.

This is the reason they tell you to weigh yourself in the morning after going to the toilet and without clothes. You will have digested your food, emptied your bladder and are as close as you can get to just weighing your own body mass.