What should I cook for company tomorrow eve?

Options
I want to cook something healthy for friends who are coming to dinner tomorrow and I'm not having much success browsing allrecipes.com.

What do you guys make that is tasty enough to serve to company but doesn't break the diet?

Links to your favourite healthy dinner recipes greatly appreciated :)

Replies

• ExerciseGeek
    ExerciseGeek Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    You could may a prawn and courgette linguine, I had this the other night it was lovely.
    Boil Linguine for 7mins
    Fry corgettes (cut into small pieces), add garlic and basil and hot pepper, then add the prawn, chopped tomatos and a small ammount of white wine.
    Mix it all together and there you have it :)
    Low calories too!!
    xxx
    Heres the recipe.. http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/3752/prawn-and-courgette-linguine
  • sunnysashka
    Options
    Bake a chicken. The whole bird. Do not add any butter. And serve some vegetables with it. ))

Or here is my favourite chicken avocado salad
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/sunnysashka/view/chicken-orange-avocado-salad-28725

Or make a chicken ceasar salad, shrimp ceasar salad. Serve croutons separately in a bowl and dressing sepaprately. You can make lighter version on dressing, so guests can choose and not feel like you are pushing them! )))
  • Robin1117
    Robin1117 Posts: 1,768 Member
    Options
    Hi! I typically do fish--something nice like Salmon or Swordfish--these have nice presentations and are very healthy.

My favorite recipes are from Michael Chiarello-Napastyle. They combine nice presentations w/vegetables and really easy prep. For example if you have a grill--you can do grill a nice piece of Salmon w/a spice rub on a cedar plank. Also, there is a halibut w/asparagus recipe I like too.

You can do a search from this link:

http://www.napastyle.com/recipe/landing.jsp
  • Rupeedoo
    Options
    I had this problem 3 days into my diet! I decided to make a middle-eastern pick&mix of food so no one would notice if I ate slightly less.

I made Babaganoush, Tzatziki, an Israeli salad, Shakshuka (mega easy and healthy...just google) and served it with freshly baked bread and some stuffed vine leaves I bought from my local supermarket (I didn't eat those though). Everyone was stuffed and really happy to eat something a little different for a dinner party...my diet secret remained safe :) x
  • tshahady
    tshahady Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Grilled salmon on a plank w/ a myriad of grilled veggies and a beautiful mixed greens salad w/ artichoke hearts, tomatos and fresh mozzarella tossed with light balsamic or pesto dressing.
  • mommy2josh
    Options
    http://www.kraftcanada.com/en/recipes/smart-pork-pasta-toss-121423.aspx

I cooked this for company last night. I love it. I did make a few changes though. I used chicken instead of pork, which i assume would have made it less in fat and cals. I also added a few sliced mushrooms and shrimp. I also changed the dressing to the Olive Oil Tomatoe Basil. I love this. Its also on MFP data base.

Or you could just do spaghetti and use ground turkey instead of hamb. meat.

(i like pasta lol)
  • catherine1979
    catherine1979 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I typically make a salad with arugula, tomatoes,cucumbers, mango, and blueberry. I slice and bake some potato and add it to the salad. I also bake a piece of salmon with a maple glaze and plate it on top of the salad with a little ginger soy vinaigrette.
  • BigBoneSista
    BigBoneSista Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Bean Salad for a side dish.

Romaine & Spinach Lettuce
    2 cans of black beans (rinse)
    2 cans of pinto beans (rinse)
    Kraft Mexican shredded cheese
    Fresh Salsa (Enough to make it like dressing)

You can add mushrooms, peppers...any salad fixings you like.
  • lazyamerz
    lazyamerz Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks, all! I have lots of ideas now :)