Enchiladas Under 500Cal!

Options
I found a recipe on KraftFoods.com (my favorite site!) for this recipe. After completely altering it like I always do, it's down to 415 calories a serving - room for half a cup of Mexican rice too! :glasses:

(Kind of) Kraft Foods - Chicken & Sour Cream Enchiladas

Ingredients:
1 Cup Fat Free Sour Cream
1 ½ Cups 2% Milk Shredded Mexican Cheese Blend (Divided)
2 Cups Diced Chicken
1 Jar Corn and Black Bean Salsa (Divided)
3 Tablespoons Taco Seasoning
10 6” Flour Tortillas

Mix sour cream, cheese, chicken and half a jar of the salsa with taco seasoning to taste (for me, 3 Tablespoons).
Fill each tortilla with approximately ¼ cup of the mixture.
Roll the tortillas and place, seams side down, in a casserole dish.
Spread the remaining salsa on top of the tortillas.
Bake at 350 for 25 minutes.
At 25 minutes, remove and spread remaining ½ cup of cheese on top.
Bake for an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.

Nutrition per serving (two enchiladas – and they are filling!!)
Calories: 415
Fat: 11
Carbs: 47
Fiber: 4
Protein: 30

These are seriously so easy. My non-chef-skilled boyfriend made them without me!! I love Mexican food so this will definitely be a healthy go-to for me. They’re entered in the database too. Too good not to share – enjoy!

Replies

• limestar
    limestar Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    sounds yummy
  • mauck1975
    mauck1975 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    BUMP :)
  • whateverdamnit
    Options
    What does it mean when everyone says "bump"..????
  • nancye610
    nancye610 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Bump! :smile:
  • ewegner
    ewegner Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I just inputted my own chicken enchilada recipe and was surprised to see each serving was only 266 cals! Yummy
  • cassidystreasures
    Options
    thanks!
  • HeatherShrinking
    HeatherShrinking Posts: 805 Member
    Options
    Yum! Thanks for the recipe
  • Rachaely
    Rachaely Posts: 113
    Options
    I just inputted my own chicken enchilada recipe and was surprised to see each serving was only 266 cals! Yummy

Wow nice! I was actually trying to find a recipe with a lot of sour cream (I have leftovers from a Superbowl party) so that's probably what increased the calories!
  • ewegner
    ewegner Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I use neufchatel cream cheese instead of sour cream to make it creamy - I only use a few tablespoons and it goes a long way. And just like the one you posted, I add salsa for extra flavor. Its great when you can enjoy the enchilada and some rice too. I hate when the main dish is so high in calories, that you can't enjoy sides.
  • Coyotemama
    Coyotemama Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I think this will be going on my next weekly menu list. Sounds yummy!
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    What does it mean when everyone says "bump"..????

It bumps the topic to the top of the forum so more people see it, and it also saves it in your "my topics" tab for viewing later.

This recipe sounds soooooo good!
  • Rachaely
    Rachaely Posts: 113
    Options
    I use neufchatel cream cheese instead of sour cream to make it creamy - I only use a few tablespoons and it goes a long way. And just like the one you posted, I add salsa for extra flavor. Its great when you can enjoy the enchilada and some rice too. I hate when the main dish is so high in calories, that you can't enjoy sides.

That's a good idea!
  • chopper91
    Options
    sounds yummu thank you for sharing.
  • ANSargent
    Options
    How big is each serving?
  • loveme445
    loveme445 Posts: 2,439 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • kbrob14
    kbrob14 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Bump :happy:
  • juleslianne
    Options
    Bump! :happy:
  • brittanybark
    Options
    YUMM im gonna make this next week... was it good like do you think my boyfriend will like it too?? (HE EATS SO BAD but hes like stick thin)
  • monica2383
    monica2383 Posts: 15 Member
    Options

Wow nice! I was actually trying to find a recipe with a lot of sour cream (I have leftovers from a Superbowl party) so that's probably what increased the calories!
  • monica2383
    monica2383 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I actually made Hungry Girl Guacamole and instead of sour cream she has you use non-fat greek yogurt... maybe you could use that in place of the sour cream??? I don't know if that would help bring the calories down also or not?? :-) would be worth a shot though!