this may be where i got it from but i want to quary somethin

Options
before going for it .
ok here goes i found this on my comp saved but forgot to put where i got it from lol so is this true and if so do i not log them on here if i eat them im a little confused when it says they are not good when eaten with junk food so could i have a carrot with dinner and not count it or do i count it etc
this is what i found.....

Negative calorie foods are foods, which use more calories to digest than the calories food actually contains! Calories from these foods are much harder for the body to use. In other words, the body has to work hard in order to extract calories from these foods. Even though a food may contain equal amount of calories, much less of these calories can possibly turn into fat in negative calorie foods as fewer calories are actually available to the body. This gives these foods a tremendous natural fat-burning advantage.

These foods will have maximum benefits when eaten without any empty calorie foods (junk foods). There are several foods such as vegetables and fruits that have negative calorie effect. Some of the foods that can be eaten in generous quantities are: Asparagus, Beets, Carrot, Zucchini, Papaya, Strawberry, Raspberry, etc. Look at the list below.

Negative Calorie Vegetables
Asparagus
Beet Root
Broccoli
Cabbage
Carrot
Cauliflower
Celery Chicory
Hot Chili
Cucumber
Garden cress
Garlic
Green Beans
Lettuce
Onion
Radish
Spinach
Turnip
Zucchini

Negative Calorie Fruits
Apple
Blueberries
Cantaloupe
Cranberry
Grapefruit Honeydew
Lemon/Lime
Mango
Orange
Papaya
Peach
Pineapple
Raspberry
Strawberry
Tomato
Tangerine
Turnip
Watermelon
flowerforyou

Replies

• jakspak
    jakspak Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    before going for it .
    ok here goes i found this on my comp saved but forgot to put where i got it from lol so is this true and if so do i not log them on here if i eat them im a little confused when it says they are not good when eaten with junk food so could i have a carrot with dinner and not count it or do i count it etc
    this is what i found.....

Negative calorie foods are foods, which use more calories to digest than the calories food actually contains! Calories from these foods are much harder for the body to use. In other words, the body has to work hard in order to extract calories from these foods. Even though a food may contain equal amount of calories, much less of these calories can possibly turn into fat in negative calorie foods as fewer calories are actually available to the body. This gives these foods a tremendous natural fat-burning advantage.

These foods will have maximum benefits when eaten without any empty calorie foods (junk foods). There are several foods such as vegetables and fruits that have negative calorie effect. Some of the foods that can be eaten in generous quantities are: Asparagus, Beets, Carrot, Zucchini, Papaya, Strawberry, Raspberry, etc. Look at the list below.

Negative Calorie Vegetables
    Asparagus
    Beet Root
    Broccoli
    Cabbage
    Carrot
    Cauliflower
    Celery Chicory
    Hot Chili
    Cucumber
    Garden cress
    Garlic
    Green Beans
    Lettuce
    Onion
    Radish
    Spinach
    Turnip
    Zucchini

Negative Calorie Fruits
    Apple
    Blueberries
    Cantaloupe
    Cranberry
    Grapefruit Honeydew
    Lemon/Lime
    Mango
    Orange
    Papaya
    Peach
    Pineapple
    Raspberry
    Strawberry
    Tomato
    Tangerine
    Turnip
    Watermelon
    flowerforyou
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    Not sure but some of those "free" foods on the list don't look so free to me--songbirdsweet needs to answer this one!

Oh, you're looking great, too!
  • jakspak
    Options
    thanks i feel good too still a wee way to go but im getting there although in a week we are off to my moms in australia for 6 weeks so hope between her and i we can keep each other on track in holiday mode although 4 days at bathurst will be the tough one.

yes i plan to see what people say about the list before going with it.
  • jamerz3294
    jamerz3294 Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Ya know.... this bit about "negative" calorie foods just doesn't strike me as being quite right? :noway: I think that instead of concentrating on those specific items, I'm just going to try and eat healthy, and plan my exercise. Not that I don't like many of those fruits and veggies mind you, but I doubt that they are a magic bullet to taking off the pounds is all. :huh:
  • jakspak
    Options
    im not thinking they are a magic bulliet more looking at it that for instance when i have alocated my food and dont have many callories left and its weekend when excercise is hard to fit in i can munch on a carrot and not worry about logging it or eat a few peices of fruit and it not affect the daily alowence but if this isnt true then i wont bother with the list its just i got it from somewhere and cant remember if it was here or another site. so thought people here would know. its just i have gaul stones and there is alot i cant eat and alot i can are still high calories that make my bass amount before excercise disapare fast.
  • shorerider
    shorerider Posts: 3,817 Member
    Options
    message songbirdsweet--she might have missed this post. She'd know.
  • jakspak
    Options
    bump for songbyrdsweet
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    It's quite late so I will answer this after work tomorrow! :flowerforyou:
  • jakspak
    Options
    thats fine thanks ill keep checking in as im in a different time zone to you.
  • TNTPete
    TNTPete Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Here ya go -- found this article on the "negative calorie" foods. Not to say they don't have nutritional value but nothing is truly negative. (and a tidbit about the spicy food myth too!!)

The Negative Calorie Myth
    by Diet Detective Editorial Staff
    Friday, 07 July 2006
    Do certain foods have “negative” calories? Do you burn fat just by eating them?

MYTH: Certain foods like grapefruit, celery or cabbage soup can burn fat and produce a weight loss.
    FACT: Sorry to disappoint you, but there is no such thing as a negative calorie or fat burning food.

While many fruits and vegetables are extremely low in calories and fill you up without filling you out, they will not "take care of" the slice of chocolate cake you had for dessert.
    P.S. - Wondering about spicy foods? Well, if you've heard that spicy food raises your metabolism and will help you drop pounds faster - sorry again! Unfortunately, this popular myth is also false. Any increase in metabolism is too small to matter.

There is no free lunch, after all!
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Here ya go -- found this article on the "negative calorie" foods. Not to say they don't have nutritional value but nothing is truly negative. (and a tidbit about the spicy food myth too!!)

The Negative Calorie Myth
    by Diet Detective Editorial Staff
    Friday, 07 July 2006
    Do certain foods have “negative” calories? Do you burn fat just by eating them?

MYTH: Certain foods like grapefruit, celery or cabbage soup can burn fat and produce a weight loss.
    FACT: Sorry to disappoint you, but there is no such thing as a negative calorie or fat burning food.

While many fruits and vegetables are extremely low in calories and fill you up without filling you out, they will not "take care of" the slice of chocolate cake you had for dessert.
    P.S. - Wondering about spicy foods? Well, if you've heard that spicy food raises your metabolism and will help you drop pounds faster - sorry again! Unfortunately, this popular myth is also false. Any increase in metabolism is too small to matter.

There is no free lunch, after all!

Just hopped in quick before work, and TNT did the work for me! hehe thanks :smile: Unfortunately, this article is correct. They all contain energy (calories) that we can use. There are things that have calories we can't use, which include paper towel, crayons, gasoline, etc....but I don't know many people who enjoy snacking on household items. :laugh:
  • iluvsparkles
    iluvsparkles Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    mmm but I thought the 'macaroni and cheese' colored crayon was called that because it was so yummy to eat... i guess ive got to find another fix for my waxy plastic non-toxic craving!!!lol